Question #1: What did you think of the new Hauntworld Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question #1: What did you think of the new Hauntworld Mag

So what did you think? As good as ones in the past, better, worse, what did you like what didn't you like? What should we do different next time?

Blah, blah!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Larry,

The magazine looked great and the articles were extremely interesting and thought provoking. You guys did a good job on it. I haven't received my video yet so I can't comment on them yet, but in my opinion you can never have enough Hauntworld movies so keep them coming.

Allan

Comment

I guess my subscription must have expired and I didn't realize it! I came home to a renewal notice and no magazine. :lol:

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Kel,

You should have told me I would have gladly given you a magazine at the show... I wasn't refusing anyone a free magazine.

Sorry about that.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

WHAT!!!! LOL! I should have asked for one! LOL! :P -Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

man that article about doc and the child molesting thing had my jaw open the whole story.thats a smart man to handle that situation like that

Comment

I thought it was a great magazine. I really enjoyed the articles. I would have to say the one thing that stood out to me the most this time was that the entire magazine had a fantastic layout.
              Jared Layman

Comment

Well, since my wife claimed the magazine for most of the plane ride home, I have only read a few pages. The one thing I just realized is that I don't remember articles being printed on strange, hard to read backgrounds. That was always my biggest pet peeve.

Comment

Thanks Larry. I didn't realize it until I got home. I thought my copy would be waiting for me. I just didn't realize it was renewal time. If I had realized, you can bet I would have renewed right away. I need to get that done.

On another note Larry, I did get to check out the cgi at the show, but you were really busy. I wanted to ask you what size TV you were using for the portrait. I need to investigate the total cost of the product, including the TV. Any recommendations on the size and where to buy the TV? Is there anything else we need besides a frame to go around the image? We're going to see how how SCREAM BREAK event goes in March and then we're going to sit down with all our favorite show floor items, prioritize and start purchasing everything we need to the renovations we're doing on the attraction to get it ready for the fall!

Our top favorite items right now are the following:

Springy Bridge - Creative Vistions / Haunt Visions
                  Claustrophobia - Oak Island Productions

and of course...

cgi Portrait - Halloween Productions

Kel
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Looks nice! Great Cydney Neal article, still reading though nice & thick mag.
                    Damon
                    Damon Carson

Comment

Loved the content Larry. I thought the Rocky Point article was great and loved the classic feel to it. Very dramatic, and very Cydney.

I though all of the content was good.

The one thing I did notice was the Font reflow issue towards the middle or end, Ill have to look. It reflowed and bumped your fonts around. Looks like it was a printers default font. I was in publishing for 5 yrs so tent to look and proof things a bit more than they have to be.

But the mag rocked and great job man. Good content and articles. Def. different from previous issues in a super positive way.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
                      http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
                      "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
                      http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Barry,

I hear what you're saying... I thought we've done a better job with those backgrounds. Based on your comments I'm goign to go back and take another look.

John,

You might be right, I will check into it!!!

As I've said many times before we're not Brainstorm Studios, and we're not experts at laying out magazines. From time to time I've had BS step in and lay something out and well when they do it it looks outstanding.

I can't afford to pay someone to lay out the magazine, from what I understand CYD paid about $3000.00 to get all of that done. I could have never afforded such a thing, if I want the magazine to pay for itself.

On the CYD layout you must give all the credit to her, she masterminded the whole thing with her designers. Good for her. Its very impressive!

I thought it was one of the best I've seen.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, this is a really great issue, lots of info, better layout...keep it up!
                          Heartstoppers
                          Haunted House

Sacramento, CA

www.scaredyou.com

www.fb.com/heartstoppers
                          www.twitter.com/heartstoppershh

Comment

I was so impressed with with Cyd did, I might for future magazines, either let all haunts layout their own stories, or hire BS to layout that section. It really made a difference, and I want to improve the magazine no doubt!

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President

Comment

Working...
                            X