glueing foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glueing foam

Can anyone give advice on what type of adhesive to use with foam to adhere it to plywood. Liquid nails seems to be popular on some How To sites, but it just seems to eat the foam away.

PLAN B? Thanks in advance....

Jay Westerman
    Haunt2013

Jay, I would highly recommend Gorilla Glue. If you go to Lowe's, they sell it in a 16oz bottle for about $17.

It can get a little pricey if you have a lot, but we just finished building our cave scene for this year, and thats what I found to be the best.

I tired several different products, and I will only use Gorilla Glue from here on out.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

We tried this out because it was inexpensive and it seems to work well.
      Spinning Tunnels www.spinningtunnel.com

Comment

I like gorilla glue, Spray foam works for about two years then it comes off, If you get a box of roofing nails with the big orange washers and use them on screws they really work well about six or seven for a 4x8 sheet really holds well.
        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

if its small and your fast enough try hot glue. If your not fast and you dont put out enough glue it will soak into the foam, However it soaking into the foam makes it stick well if you can get it fast enough (warning the glue can soak thru and burn you)
          I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

Gorilla Glue without a doubt. I had to remove one stone in this scene over the weekend to get the tesla controller cabinet into the room (stupid) and it was an act of congress getting it off..

Attached Files
            Brett Hays, Director
            Fear Fair
            www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
            X