Haunt Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Names

I'm stuck trying to come up with a new name for this years haunt for advertising purposes.

We normally go with Horsfall House of Horror (The Haunt is located in the bottom of a residence hall called Horsfall) but this year our haunt is cruise ship themed so we can't really call it a house.

I don't want to use anything Ghost Ship related but I wouldn't mind going Titanic or Love Boat themed.

Normally I'm very creative but I'm at a loss for a name for our haunt.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! I have to start ordering posters and flyers very soon.
    ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

name

S.S Horsfall Horror Cruise

Comment

The " S.S. Screamliner"

Mr. Haunt

Comment

SS Emboweled

Comment

While I have no specific suggestions for you, here's the rules we usually try to adhere to when naming a haunt:

1) Something easy to spell. People have a very difficult time with spelling, so the easier it is, the easier they can find you.

2) Avoid made-up words. See #1 for the logic behind that.

3) Try to be location agnostic. You don't want to build a brand for a decade and then move to a new location that simply does not work with the old name. Brands take time to build.

4) Avoid names that tie your show to a specific theme for eternity. Unless, of course, you want to produce shows with that theme forever. Then it's great!

5) Make sure the name has a great internet presence. Make sure the domain is available, and preferably without adding words to it like "haunt" or "attraction". Avoid hyphens in domains. Also, try to keep it as short as possible. Check twitter, facebook, and other social sites to ensure that the name is available and fits (twitter, especially, has a limit to the length of a name). Try to be consistent across the board - because the more consistent you are, the easier your customers will find you - no matter where they look.

6) Ensure that your name is unique. Do your best to make sure no other haunt is using your name or any unique part of it.

7) Try to envision a logo for the name. Things that are easy to see in your head should get bonus points over names that are difficult to envision.

Applying all these rules will help you narrow down potential candidates and help steer you towards the right name. It will also make the naming process extremely difficult! Done right, however, and you will have a name that can turn into a fantastic brand in your area (or even nationwide).

Best of luck.

-- Ian
          -------------------------------
          http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Working...
          X