Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cemetery

Hello everyone!!!

For those who don't know me, I'm a professinal home haunter of 10 years now and I am the creator of " Dead Oaks Cemetery" in Oakdale MN. It's mostly a display type haunt but do have live actors. I have always been on a budget so I have only baught cheaper props and things, no big deal. Got the cheap head stones from Target and what not, but this year I want to add more detail and make it more vissualy inhanced.

I am wondering if anyone wood be willing to post any of your cemetery pictures for ideas?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

WOW did I right that? LOL Well I hope you all get the picture!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

http://hauntworld.com/haunted_house_...ad.php?t=11626

Hey man, your welcome to check out my pictures in a previous topic I posted. I myself am a home haunter and my theme is the whole cemetery gig. Funny I choose "Oakcrest" as our cemetery's name :-P must be something about the word oak that strikes us as scary..haha.. anyway there are pictures here in that topic or you can check out my "myspace page I dedicated to my haunt. I'm no wiz as website design so this is about as fancy as it gets for me.

http://www.myspace.com/the_cemetery

Best of luck I'd love to see any pictures if you have any within the next few weeks I'll be sharing some of my project ideas in that topic of mine.

I started off small years ago and every year I seem to find great deals on some very cool props and not to mention the crazy Ideas I draw all year round.

Comment

Thanks for your reply, I have seen your pics from your post. You have me beat with props and all.
        I have not had the chance financaly to get as creative, I use my parents front yard to do my cemetery as well. No trees though, so it makes it a little blagh. Only lights I ever use are strobes. Had 3 foggers but down 1 now, have not made any of my props either exept for pine box.

But I am looking into improving lighting this year and that might be it, can't do much when you are laid off.

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I suggest www.hauntforum.com and www.halloweenforum.com for all home haunters or haunters that are just starting up. The members on the other sites often find ways to do many things "on the cheap" where as this forum is mostly used by professional haunt owners.

On a side note, where in Oakdale are you located? I grew up in Oakdale.
          Zach Wiechmann
          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Well it sure is an honor to meet a fellow haunter from the local area, but wish you were still here. From what I read on your site, it sounds like you had everything lined up for ya to be what you are today. I tried collecting donations for the MN Wildlife Rehabilitation Center in Roseville, but due to know adverisement we earned just $2, I guess people don't bring their wallets or pursses trick or treating. We are located on 46th St. by the Oakdale Nature Center.

I only do my haunt on Halloween, I spend all morning setting things up and take it all down by 10-1030pm. A few weeks before I make sure all of my props still work and if I need to replace something I can.

This year we will advertise our donations, and will be taking them for our local humane society as well.

I think we should keep in touch!!!

My name is Brian aka Mr. Haunt

Comment

Bioy I sure should read before I post!!!! I'm so FUNNY LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Ha, I did it again!!!!

Comment

Very cool... We used to do a fairly large (for it's time at least) yard display before moving in 2001 when I was 11. Our old address was 7367 53rd St N so I grew up right by where you are located now!

And good idea about the donations... We started asking for them a couple years ago and although we don't make much at all, that little bit of extra money really helps when it comes to paying for storage, security, and food for all of our actors!

You could also try talking to some local businesses about possible donations whether it be products, services, or money to help with your cause. Each year we donate to a local humane society and we get a good response from our community and local businesses.

Good luck with this year - I'll definitely keep an eye out for updates.
                  Zach Wiechmann
                  www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

If you want trees to add to the effect if you don't have any in the front yard. Keep an eye out around town for people to be throwing out cut down branches. Last year was the first year I ever didn't follow through only cause the weather was so shitty I didn't bother putting them up but man let me tell you what a difference allot of big leaved branches can make in the overall appearance when building a cemetery.

My budget isn't huge by any means at all. I think this year I'll be spending about $100 in new materials. and that's typically what I do every year. Right now I'm in the middle of building a custom fog chiller that's only going to cost me $32. Compared to spending $150 on a brand new machine that may not give me the results I'm looking for.

Comment

Hey Danny,

What do you use as a stand for those branches? Any pics?

Thanks,

Mr. Haunt

Comment

Zach,

When you left for Iowa in 2001 I had just graduated from High School. There is a new pro haunt in town that Buck Hill in Burnsville runs, Im sure you remember Nightmare at Trout Air? Well they have moved and changed names. They moved first up to Wyoming MN and called themselves Nightmare at Pine Haven Farm, now they have moved to Forest Lake MN and I think they are called Nightmare Scream Park???? Not sure about that one. Did you know that they run the Haunted House at the State Fair?

Sad note though, you must remember Fright Farm at the Ramsey County Fair Grounds, right? Well there was not enough room in the counties budget for them to open this year. For the price and the cause they haunted for its a big bummer

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Haunt View Post
                          Zach,

When you left for Iowa in 2001 I had just graduated from High School. There is a new pro haunt in town that Buck Hill in Burnsville runs, Im sure you remember Nightmare at Trout Air? Well they have moved and changed names. They moved first up to Wyoming MN and called themselves Nightmare at Pine Haven Farm, now they have moved to Forest Lake MN and I think they are called Nightmare Scream Park???? Not sure about that one. Did you know that they run the Haunted House at the State Fair?

Sad note though, you must remember Fright Farm at the Ramsey County Fair Grounds, right? Well there was not enough room in the counties budget for them to open this year. For the price and the cause they haunted for its a big bummer

Brian
                          I have seen the Buck Hill attraction's website only because of Leonard Pickle who was the designer of the attractions. I was able to go the Fright Farm a few year before moving and it scared the s**t out of me! It's funny because growing up, I was TERRIFIED of haunted houses... Now I can't get enough of them! The state fair haunt scared the crap out of me too! I think I was nine or ten when I went and I was literally crawling on the floor in terror! lol

It's a shame Fright Farm won't be able to open this year... It seemed like they had something really big going, especially within the last few years. Was it last year that that off duty police officer was killed there? Maybe that had a part of their decision to not open as well...

Did you ever get a chance to go to Spooky World before it shut down? I think it was in Burlington or something like that... I had gone there on a field trip I think when I was in elementary school. I wasn't, however, able to go to it while it was in operation... Nor did I want to at the time!

And have you ever seen this site? http://www.wildrice.com/TCHauntClub/TCHC_main.html I just found it... maybe you could put it to use?
                          Zach Wiechmann
                          www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Not sure where I got Burlington from, but I ended up finding out that the Spookyworld in MN was in Shakopee, Minnesota.
                            Zach Wiechmann
                            www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

I'll pound either holes into the ground or metal tubes. If I just make the hole I'll put wooden stakes around the branch and throw a couple screws through the stake and branch itself. If i use a pipe of tube I just slide the branch into its fitting and wall-la..

BTW "Front Yard" Thanks for the help on finding that DVD link :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X