Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DayGlo Paint Thinning?...

Hey guys,

I was wondering... what's the best way to thin DayGlo Blacklight paints for airbrushing?

Would normal, everyday paint thinner work good?

Thanks. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

If it's DayGlo brand, they are water based, so water should work just fine to thin it down. That is what I have used in the past. I would not suggest airbrushing with any kind of solvents....especially if you dont use a respirator...remember whatever you put through it is being aspirated into the air around you. Im sure fluorescent pigments alone probably arent the best for you.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Water is all you need!
      The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

Comment

Use water to thin, and use more water than paint (not 50/50) otherwise the paint will clog the airbrush.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I'm using Dayglo paint and using water to thin, but am having trouble with the mixture. I make it too think and it clogs like everyone says here, but I am having trouble with the paint running when I make it thin enough to get through the gun. I am being careful to use lots of super thin coats and let dry between, but it still runs quite a bit. Any suggestions? I am very much the beginner when it comes to airbushing. Any suggestions?

Comment

try adding in a bit of a flow controller they sell for spray rigs at Home depot, it hs worked well for me in the past. Aslo are you using a double or single action airbrush, and what sized tip?
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
            X