Looking for Small Spot Lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Small Spot Lights

Hey guys and gals. Looking for some spot lights for the Haunt. I've added several new features including an Intro Room. Anyone know where I can purchase these. I will maily be using them for accent lighting in old crates throughout the haunt. Also are they directly plugged into a 110 outlet or do you have to buy a power supply? Any suggestions on lighting these crates? The tops are draped with Burlap and on the outside spider webs.
    I Do Believe In Spooks, I Do Believe In Spooks, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do Believe In Spooks

Digital sound and lighting

Office: (314)725-6415
    Fax: (314)726-7989
    P.O. Box 78754
    St. Louis, MO 63178

had a good deal on LED lights at St.Louis. If you would like email me and I will send you a document on how to make your own...super cheap. I did a workshop for some folks last year and made a decent word document with instructions.
    stiltbeast@gmail.com
    Last edited by Allen H; 09-10-2010, 09:25 PM.
    www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

the audience should see light, not lighting!

We at Ethereal FX make some options that make not only placing, aiming, and cleanup of your lights easy. But there are built in dimmers, battery powered options, and the option of DMX control which allows you to synch your lights up with audio or animations via a simple cable. The lights are so simple I regularly put them in the hands of children who can't even tell me what an ohm meter is and they don't need to, tool free installation and easy to modify. At the same time they are used by major theme parks and theaters due to their flexibility and cost. Take a look at the website and watch the video demo. Let us know if you have any questions and don't hesitate to call, we have over 30 years of haunt experience as well as lighting design in professional theater.

www.ETHEREALFX.com

Comment

I attended Allen's workshop and made about 200 mini LED spots, they ended up costing me about $1.25 or less each as opposed to $12-$15 each that the pro companies sell them for. If you have a little time on your hands, make them yourself and contact Allen for the instructions, while you're at it, buy his actor training DVD's, they're great.

Comment

DIY lights

If you have the ability, time, material, and desire to create your own lights I urge you to do so. I am in this industry because I did exactly that. Keep the creativity coming! What I can offer is advice that comes from ~30 years of haunt and pro theater lighting design, and we have even worked with folks who have been making their own lights for years and are more than capable and most come to see the advantages to a true pro grade lighting system. Remember Ethereal FX is not here to stifle the haunter but instead free up both their time and focus to allow the creative aspects of producing a show to take over.

things to keep in mind:

1. I know first hand it takes a lot of work to create a haunt's worth of small LED lights, and have them come out right but i understand you have to weigh time vs. cost.
          2. even if you make your own lights you need to power them safely (we use UL listed power supply's, and yes the fire marshals care about that)
          3. dimming LED's properly is not as easy as installing a variable POT. You still need to control your lights whomever made them.
          4. Syncing lights, audio, & animations means using communication they all understand. We use the entertainment industry standard DMX-512
          5. making a system easy to use, quick, effective, and reliable is no small task. If your running paying customers through a haunt it better work well. We design our equipment for professional theater, theme park, and commercial use with multiple and redundant safe guards and quality control measures.

www.ETHEREALFX.com
          Last edited by ETHEREAL_FX; 11-14-2010, 01:14 AM.

Comment

Making your own LEDs is a no brainer, they are great performers and super effective, I have used my design for four seasons now with great reliability and a good look. I use making them as cast team building/bonding excercise for my cast as we hang out one night and knock out 150 lights or so.
            Ethereal- email me and I will send you the doc. for the lights. I dont sell LED lights, or lighting systems, I just try to help haunters and LED lights are awesome. Time is money, and someimes its simpler to buy something, your controller might be a good example of that, flickering them is a pretty cool feature. My design is simple and there is no controller just good lighing for haunts, I may pick up a controller to work with my lights soon. LED's are the big thing in haunt lighting right now, controling them is the big deal the lights are easy, If I can make them then anyone can.
            by the way, my design is pretty safe, it has to be Im married to a fire marshal
            Allen H
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

what colors do you want? i have about 100 custom made minispots.

Comment

LED lights

I'd love to see what your putting together Allen and I completely agree with you. For the reasons you stated we offer easy crimp style RCA plugs that you can toss on your DIY lights and then plug them into a real controller. I always push folks to do what they can themselves not only can you save some cash sometimes but you learn new things, and that's the most important in my book. As far as dealing with the fire marshal, you've taken a different approach than I have in the past but my hats off to you for creativity.

www.ETHEREALFX.com

Comment

hey allen!

can u make a video of how u do that ?
                  Henry GQ - Fear Factory Erie, Pennsylvania. www.fearfactoryerie.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntMan03 View Post
                    Hey guys and gals. Looking for some spot lights for the Haunt. I've added several new features including an Intro Room. Anyone know where I can purchase these. I will maily be using them for accent lighting in old crates throughout the haunt. Also are they directly plugged into a 110 outlet or do you have to buy a power supply? Any suggestions on lighting these crates? The tops are draped with Burlap and on the outside spider webs.
                    I encourage you to take a look at our line of products.

sigpic
                    The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

Comment

I sell them

I sell them for about 6 bucks each if you want to email me i will let you know on a cost or i can tell you have to make them just email me at joshie@deathranch.com

Comment

Working...
                      X