No announcement yet.

Haunted Attraction Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adam, if you are that passionate about the haunt industry why don't you just do your own haunt rather than assume your opinion is so valid and even worth a website?

And you still don't get the point. Fact is some reviewers are leeches. You said if they are don't let them in right? So by not giving the reviewer what he or she wants just what do you think he will do as soon as his lame ass can get back home on his computer, write a positive review?

Of course not he'll try to talk crap about the haunt making up stuff to get even.

Haunters themselves stoop pretty low in competing with each other and the reviewers can and do the same.

And Adam, I always respected you until your comments about me. Maybe you should do a haunt you might find a useful tool for weight loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
      Maybe you should do a haunt you might find a useful tool for weight loss.
      Did you just reduce this argument to jabs about his weight? I think that was incredibly out of line.
      Katie Lane
      Partner/VP
      Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
      sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Look, we all have our opinions and we are obviously not going to change the minds of some about reviews. If you listen to reviews or don't is your call and how you choose to run your business. Let's just all agree that we're not going to agree and move on before this turn into a trollfest.
        News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
        Get a Website and/or Mobile App for Your Attraction - http://www.charlesterry.com

Comment

Just my opinion...

1) I think another haunt owner could make a better judgment of what is the better haunted house than someone who doesn't own one for many many reasons... the main one without a doubt is because we know that on any given night you could have bad acting, a prom or everything go wrong one night or another. We've been there and done that a zillion times...

I think most non-haunt owners judge a haunt almost strictly on 'was it scary' or not... as a haunt owner I myself judge the haunt not by if I got scared because I'm not an easy scare no matter who is acting but based on things I can appreciate like creativity, attention to detail, all the little things most non-haunt owners would never notice. Other things like their costume department, marketing, websites, just the whole entire package not one night in the haunt I would never say a haunt sucks because of one night of a slow show.

Sorry but I myself really feel that I can personally give a better opinion than any non-haunt owner out there, and I feel that most others who have been doing haunts for many years could do the same.

2) I would NOT agree that a non-haunt owner can't do a good review, or doesn't know good from bad or are not able to draw their own opinions. I don't agree with movie reviewers 99% of the time, and think most of those guys are idiots just getting a paycheck. They do it for a living, so I can see both sides of the coin here for sure.

Look the bottom line is simple... EVERYONE haunt owner or not has an OPINION and for whatever reason their opinions and reviews are based soley on how they view what makes the best haunts and again its their opinion. I myself whether or not I own a haunted house do not have to agree but its their opinion or my opinion.

When its all said and done... maybe the best rating, ranking or whatever probably would come from someone unbiased who doesn't own a haunt who gives you their HONEST opinion. To find this person someone with no ties to anyone, no friends or foes would be hard to do... and these rankings or ratings should be based on seeing them all but we all know that hasn't happened so these are all what they are just opinions based on whatever.

Nothing to get in a flap over...

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

See, I actually think people that don't own haunts might possibly be better reviewers. In my opinion haunt owners may just appreciate things differently then the average customer. I know I have been to many haunts I wasn't impressed with but the people attending them with me were very impressed. That would be like only taking other filmakers opinions and not the average movie goer when looking up movie reviews. Film makers are going to have a different slant on it being that they are behind the scenes. Same thing with haunt owners. I spot things in haunts other people don't care about.
            Jared Layman

Comment

I would bet that the people who run these review sites would know more than enough about the haunted attraction business and haunting in general to validate their reviews (especially some of the bigger and better known websites). Their goals are noble: to give a fair and objective review of haunts in the area and allow consumers to compare one to another and find one that best suits their interest.

It should also be noted that review sites have helped to make our patrons better educated about haunted attractions. They will most likely read a few reviews and maybe other articles on haunting or halloween. Maybe they hit a link to hauntworld and get to this forum lol...

Comment

Working...
              X