A Dark discovery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dark discovery

Today my girlfriend and I did some urban exploration and we entered this old abandoned house that has really taken a toll over the years. I was like a little girl at a Jonas Brother Concert when I found how scary looking this house was. Old portraits, junk from years past, antiques, slats revieled on the ceiling and walls. We were a bit ill equiped to really search the house but I took a few mugs of some really eye catching spots. Very inspiring for some haunt ideas. What do you guys think of this?

Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

That is some good looking stuff!! I love finding original looking stuff like this and getting some good ideas and inspiration from it.

You should try to get some better pics of it if you can manage.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

nice photos

definate 10 plus creep factor. more pictures, please.

Comment

Bet it would be cool to walk through it at night with just a flashlight...

Vinny
        www.ArxMortis.com

Comment

I came back today and I brought with me a much better camera. Here you go guys. This is probably my last visit for I fear asbestos might be present. I really apologize for the obnoxiously large size.
          Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 09-13-2010, 07:52 PM.
          Matthew Colton

Comment

More pictures

Last edited by The Forsaken Crypt; 09-13-2010, 07:51 PM.
            Matthew Colton

Comment

Matthew Colton

Comment

The exposed plaster and lath looks great. What an amazing construction process, if you peel some of that plaster you can probably find horse hair or fiber used in the plaster. When that stuff starts to decay it's like a fire's dream come true, old dry wood with all those open spaces for oxygen, it'd go up in seconds.

The pre-sheet rock era made for some awsome decay.

Comment

So you are the one!

Sneeking in my house at night taken them thare pikshures!
                  Many old houses when they decided to put interior walls in place to divide up the larger rooms built 2 by 4 walls with no bottom or top plate. they just set the end of the 2 by 4 on the floor.
                  This made for sagging walls later and once again often good routes for any fire to spread.
                  They also had a common practice to run 20 foot long 2 by 4s for the exterior studding , thereby creating a nice "chimney" for fire to race up to the roof with a nice "draw", just like a brick chimney.
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

AND>>>After the roof leaks enough!

The floors rot out,making a very nasty trap for people to walk over, so think "Light", Airy" thoughts when walking through!
                    (But don't walk in to begin with!)
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Pics are very cool. I hate to be a downer again but here goes. Wandering through abandoned buildings of any kind without permission is a very bad idea. Many people have been seriously injured and killed walking through these types of dwellings. Even what may seem to be a strong floor could give way at any time. For your own safety don't do it! I total understand the thrill involved and I have done it a time or two myself, but urban exploration is judt not worth the trespassing or breaking and entering charge or your health or life. Please be careful!
                      1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

You know, I also don't want to be a downer either, but I'm really not sure how useful those pics are. I mean, I don't see anything in there of the calibre of, say, ScareFactory, Gore Galore, or Distortions, and according to one of our members, that's what's really critical. If there were some CFX masks lying around, or perhaps a ScareFactory Impaler sitting in the corner, then that would really be something.

Btw, "Dark Discovery", I totally call dibs.

C.

Comment

Originally posted by BrotherMysterio View Post
                          You know, I also don't want to be a downer either, but I'm really not sure how useful those pics are. I mean, I don't see anything in there of the calibre of, say, ScareFactory, Gore Galore, or Distortions, and according to one of our members, that's what's really critical. If there were some CFX masks lying around, or perhaps a ScareFactory Impaler sitting in the corner, then that would really be something.

Btw, "Dark Discovery", I totally call dibs.

C.
                          I must be mistaken, my bad. I thought you were an adult apparently you're a 12 year old. Writing sarcastic and antagonistic posts based on someone's opinion really shows your lack of maturity. It's obvious you like junky props and home made haunts, that's cool I guess....

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                            I must be mistaken, my bad. I thought you were an adult apparently you're a 12 year old. Writing sarcastic and antagonistic posts based on someone's opinion really shows your lack of maturity. It's obvious you like junky props and home made haunts, that's cool I guess....

DA
                            And apparently irony is lost on you. Tho, that being said, we have a saying here in Texas, "the dog that yelps is the one that got it's tail stepped on." Notice how I didn't name any names.

If you can't handle some ribbing and people cutting up a bit, how will ever manage the haunt industry, for that matter?

Anyway, sorry, couldn't resist.

C.

(And, btw, Crypt, fabulous pics! They belong in every Haunter's pinterest account.)

Comment

Working...
                            X