No announcement yet.

Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something more is obviously going on here. We live in a digital age where people have cellphones, get emails, get phonecalls, get texts, etc. No matter how busy someone is, they could work 18 hours a day, if you have a business you check email, phonecalls, etc.
    You have to think about this with a common sense approach...How many people are trying to contact him? He has not had literally 3 mins within the last 10-14 days to call even ONE person back with an update?

It could very well be what Larry stated above and he is just too embarrassed to come on a forum and say "look I messed up, I dont have the funds to return and I'm working on the costumes sorry for the delay". The scary part about this is that if he knows for certain that all future sales are going to be damaged due to this issue, I certainly hope he doesn't ignore you for another 6+ months because he quite frankly doesn't care anymore.

You guys are forced to speculate and think the worst because he refuses to contact you. If he replies now after leaving you in the dark for so long does it really make amends to the situation? If he is not held to the fire for this, the SAME situation will happen in the future. It says a lot about a person/company when they simply can not bother to explain what is going on...NOBODY is that busy that they do not have time to reply to people who paid them money.

Sorry for the long rant but reading these threads about inept business practices really frustrates me.

Comment

Does anyone besides tony live in the area to check in on the situation? I would have had tony actually put his hands on these costumes to be sure they are getting finished and actually exist, or at least just to see the progress. IS that still possible if Tony went there did he see them?
      Haunters have more patience i guess than anyone else, if it was my costume it would already be a refund or a lawsuit. I do not give a flying F how great a product is, paying this company is bad business. Chargeback.
      Last edited by zachary; 09-25-2010, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post

PS: If he can satify EVERYONE I will REMOVE all threads about his company EVERYTHING. He needs to come through... I think this is fair.
        That's great for him but is it really fair? Fair to him, yes. But what about his buyers? I think if a vendor has serious delivery problems it's only fair that potential buyers know about it.

I was thinking about making several large purchases last week for next year. Then it suddenly hit me what time of year it is. If I order right now, it's very possible that I wouldn't get anything until next summer so what's the hurry? But I would like to think that an early order puts me up at the top of the list.

Unfortunately with all of the communication and lost order problems some vendors seem to be having this would probably be the worst time to order, even if it is a year in advance. My orders might get lost in the shuffle.

Edited to add: And what constitutes "satisfy?" Some haunters have already opened. Just because they eventually do get a costume, can you consider them "satisfied?"

Comment

I order two costumes with Mark back in Feb. 24th. It have been exactly 7 months! 7 months and no costumes and no money. My money is gone.....
          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by terrormasue View Post
            I order two costumes with Mark back in Feb. 24th. It have been exactly 7 months! 7 months and no costumes and no money. My money is gone.....
            If he really did ask Larry if he needed anything for his haunt in the last few weeks that is bad bad bad bad news. He can't even get back to a customer in 7 months who PAID, but he's looking to take on more orders(money)????

There is no possible scenario that can even come close to making sense on this one...I just hope when/if the story gets resolved positively it's not one of this "all forgiven" type of thing. This is a SERIOUS issue.

Comment

I finally agree with Larry for the first time, at least his last comment. How come he did not do this with the other vendor situations? I know for a fact Larry kicked off a couple of members for bashing vendors. Has he finally see the light? OR

Marks not his friend.

If you see the light Larry you need to reinstate the members you booted.

They were right all along. Do the right thing

regards
              Smasters

Comment

Originally posted by TheHauntedOwl View Post
                Something more is obviously going on here. We live in a digital age where people have cellphones, get emails, get phonecalls, get texts, etc. No matter how busy someone is, they could work 18 hours a day, if you have a business you check email, phonecalls, etc.
                You have to think about this with a common sense approach...How many people are trying to contact him? He has not had literally 3 mins within the last 10-14 days to call even ONE person back with an update?

It could very well be what Larry stated above and he is just too embarrassed to come on a forum and say "look I messed up, I dont have the funds to return and I'm working on the costumes sorry for the delay". The scary part about this is that if he knows for certain that all future sales are going to be damaged due to this issue, I certainly hope he doesn't ignore you for another 6+ months because he quite frankly doesn't care anymore.

You guys are forced to speculate and think the worst because he refuses to contact you. If he replies now after leaving you in the dark for so long does it really make amends to the situation? If he is not held to the fire for this, the SAME situation will happen in the future. It says a lot about a person/company when they simply can not bother to explain what is going on...NOBODY is that busy that they do not have time to reply to people who paid them money.

Sorry for the long rant but reading these threads about inept business practices really frustrates me.

This isn't a rant its consice common sense, well put.

Comment

Mark

What's going on man? Atleast come here and tell us all we are not getting costumes we might understand given a reason but ignoring us is doing none of us good especially you. Shane and it's come on man. Shane this time.
                  sigpic

Comment

I got in touch with Tony and he tells me that we will get our costumes but they will be late. I am good with that. I was worried my money and the costumes were gone. I still wish that Mark or Krystal would post on here or actually email or call one of us to just tell us whats up. Again their work is amazing and I really want the costumes. Tony, thanks for getting back to me. I hope this helps ease everyones else's minds. We will get the costumes, but they will be late.

Sue

Comment

Late as in next week late or late as in next year late? If its next week that works, if its next year I will find someone else to get me what I want.

Comment

Clearly you are NOT going to get your costumes... if you were he'd already had gotten back to you. I would say at this point that YOU SHOULD NEVER order from this guy again like as in EVER.

This is very very disappointing.

I'm going to remove his listing from my vendor page and will ban him from ever posting anything about selling stuff on my websites.

If he wants to do another company he'll need to promote that product on some other website. In fact in the next magazine we'll make sure to WARN people NOT to order from him ever again.

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Disappointing

Is all I can say! What a year! Shane and it's Mark? Shane this time.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm trying to hang on to any hope out there. What should we do next? I called my bank and because is has been over 7 months they aren't sure what VISA will do about getting my money back. I paid with a VISA check card. This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong. Any suggestions? $3000.00 is a lot of money to me.

Sue

Comment

This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong.

Sue
                              Do not let it discourage you that much, I hate you spent all that money and prob will not get your costumes ;( your haunt looks great! Keep it up...your event is better than this costume. Big bones sticking out of skin suit looks kinda silly to me, IMO anyway.

As for spookywoodfx...even if you get the costumes clearly they have no idea how to run a business AT ALL, but like i thought, this was too fishy 2 months ago!! At least 1 person should have got a costume by now, which has not happened in months...HELLO! :roll:

Comment

Brad

I'm trying to hang on to any hope out there. What should we do next? I called my bank and because is has been over 7 months they aren't sure what VISA will do about getting my money back. I paid with a VISA check card. This almost makes me want to just throw in the towel on the whole thing, haunt and all....This is so wrong. Any suggestions? $3000.00 is a lot of money to me.

Sue
                                wow!! we talked to them 2 weeks ago... they were going to sell us a suit, good thing i waited... but if enough of you call the police in the state and city he lives and make a report, they will go talk to him, the police will get back to you faster... its still theft, if he took the money and was never going to give any costumes to you guys. if you bought through the internet, and got nothing... it falls under wire fraud, google ifcc, for fraud on the internet. its run by the fbi and local police and every state has special police now to deal with internet fraud. if you file with the ifcc in one week, they will be at his door.. i know this because my brother is high ranking in the LAPD...

so call his city police, make a report, file on line with the ifcc put heat on him and he will get moving or he will let eveyone know he Fuc*ed up..

thanks jay and yen

Comment

Working...
                                X