Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Brad, I emailed you on 8/19, told you we were bustin our butts, trying to get everything out to everyone as quickly as possible. I havent attempted to avoid you in anyway what-so-ever.

I also posted here on the forum a week ago for all to read http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...ad.php?t=12872

I also posted in the thread that you started, on page 4 http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_ho...t=12942&page=4

We're making them and shipping them as quickly as we can. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I apologize for the delay. All will be shipped soon.

Mark,
    Glad to see you posting. Check my response on the other thread.
    Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
    www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

It's tough on all vendors who are trying to fill orders right now... all the vendors are working overtime. I understand Brads issues... his haunt is opening. He needs his stuff... with my company building attractions we have NEVER missed a deadline EVER because if we did the customer wouldn't open!!!! Many many times I thought we would but you do what it takes to make it happen even if it means working for 2 days straight and we've done that too... LOL

In the case of not having a costume, or a animation the attraction can still open... with my own haunt if a vendor can't get it to me before I open I simply cancel the order. This has happened to me before and I don't get upset with the vendor but I do cancel the order.

Everyone has different opening times, dates or whatever... Darkness opened this past Friday. Anything ordered for Darkness and it didn't make it is no longer needed. Creepyworld has a few outstanding orders, and Creepyworld opens this Friday... one being a machine gun and I need it before we open on Friday. I was promised it would be here... so we'll see.

I really want that machine gun so I still might take it but I won't be happy about it... but probably deal with it.

I think in the end Brad gets his costumes in time for whatever he's doing I'm sure he'll be happy... I'm sure he ordered the costume because he likes the work... and it is good stuff! So hopefully Brad can get his costumes before he opens and all will be happy.

Its tough to communicate right now because I'm sure you are knee deep in latex... I feel your pain!

LOL

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Mark, for starters, I want to apologize. I never even saw the thread you made last week titled "Costumes shipping...". I have no idea how I overlooked it, but i did. Sorry about that.

And thanks for this thread addressing the situation. I knew of a few other haunters that had the same problem as I have.

The costume didnt get shipped when it was supposed to, and we dont have it for our commercial this weekend. I'll get over that, and work without it. I did have other plans for it too, but we'll just have to work around it.

The option was offered to cancel the order and say "forget it", but I love the outfit, and even though it didnt arrive when I was expecting it, I still get it.

I got word last wednesday that my order wouldn't ship for another 2 or 3 weeks. And this is what I was stressing most about, cause that falls well into the season for us.

When you can, can you get me an ETA on shipping date Mark?

Thanks
        Brad Bowen
        Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
        www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
          When you can, can you get me an ETA on shipping date Mark?

Thanks
          After all of this you still do not have a shipping date on a product that was suppose to arrive a month ago?

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
            After all of this you still do not have a shipping date on a product that was suppose to arrive a month ago?
            do you have an ETA yet? has issue been resolved?

Comment

Nope! I tried callin Krystal 2 days ago, with no return call again.

There's still several haunters that havent received their costumes or any kind of contact from them either.
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Brad,

I once again think he will get in touch with you ... if he does not let me know and I'll do my best to contact him again. I know all the vendors I'm speaking with are telling me they are doing everything they can to ship orders this week. Did you try email?

If ANY vendor can't get you your stuff by this Friday that is a serious problem as almost all haunts will open. I hope he sends you your costume free freight.

I'm sure he's overloaded.

I hope everyone read my post about how to buy from vendors... don't let a vendor charge your cc until they tell you they are ready to build your product and ship within 30 days. If they don't do a charge back. End of story. Do everything by email so you have a trail of emails that show how they promise to deliver but did not.

You'll get your money back this way if a vendor falls flat. Still I'm hoping these guys pull through for you!!!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  Brad,

I once again think he will get in touch with you ... if he does not let me know and I'll do my best to contact him again. I know all the vendors I'm speaking with are telling me they are doing everything they can to ship orders this week. Did you try email?

If ANY vendor can't get you your stuff by this Friday that is a serious problem as almost all haunts will open. I hope he sends you your costume free freight.

I'm sure he's overloaded.

I hope everyone read my post about how to buy from vendors... don't let a vendor charge your cc until they tell you they are ready to build your product and ship within 30 days. If they don't do a charge back. End of story. Do everything by email so you have a trail of emails that show how they promise to deliver but did not.

You'll get your money back this way if a vendor falls flat. Still I'm hoping these guys pull through for you!!!

Larry
                  Every year we have problems. This year I ordered something the first week in Feb and still haven't gotten it. It was actually the only thing I ordered for the year, so whatever. From now on this is how we will have to make purchases sadly.
                  Jared Layman

Comment

Brad, for what its worth to an objective observer you have been more than reasonable in your expectations. Your actors can't wear, "we're bustin our butts" or "everyone's so busy". This is obviously a matter of business priorities and the tail is obviously trying to wag the dog. Apologists and excuses aside you've dealt with someone having your money and you having nothing in hand to show for it very well.

You're tenor and attitude through this process has been nothing if not professional. People that are building budgets to enter into, or expand, a haunt venture in 2011 are paying close attention, thanks for shedding some light.

Comment

Is it too late to find a used one form someone else and get a refund?

Comment

I must admit.....

I too have been trying to get Mark with no luck and I don't have my costume either. I think its time to ask for a refund if we can get it. Shane and its Mark what's going on man? Shane this time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes. I am having trouble also. I ordered 2 costumes back Feb. 24th. I have paid my money in full and thought the costumes would be shipped last week. I am unable to get in touch with either Mark or Krystal. I'm not a rich as some. Having several thousand dollars tied up with no costume is difficult for me. Please Mark or Krystal, can you call me or email me. Please!!!!! I am begging now......... I always have my phone on.

903-918-3889 SueGray@Eastman.com or terrormasue@yahoo.com

Sue
                          http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Better Business Bureau anyone? This is getting sad that all these people are not doing anything about their orders but complaining.

This is why if i buy something, I take it with me right then!

Comment

I think the BBB is a waste... I never call them for advice before making any purchase. However with this many people claiming missing orders I think we need to step in here and call Tony who lives there in the same town. Tony has to know what's going on... and or call Mark himself and get to the bottom of this.

I do think if you paid by CC you should simply do a charge back.

Who did or didn't do payment by credit card.

There has to be some sort of way to resolve this.

I will tell you what I will start doing from here on out... vendors who DO NOT take care of customers I willl remove them from my yellow pages data base which has sent over 100,000 clicks to their sites since we put it up. The Hauntworld Yellow Pages has really helped a lot of vendors with orders... furthermore we can stop them from being able to promote their products on our message boards.

But to say that is what we should in this case is premature as we need to make sure Spookywoods FX is or isn't going to come through here.

I put a call into Tony. Hopefully he can help.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X