No announcement yet.

Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to get everyone who ordered something and did not receive a product together and file a complaint with his local police department. You have to get the amounts you paid, when you paid it, to whom you paid it, etc. Make sure you have a copy of the receipts, ALL communication you had with him (emails, PM's, etc.). Have the first person contact the local police department, and once a case number is given have each subsequent person file an additional report referencing the first case #. They WILL resolve this for you one way or the other, and you'll at LEAST gain some type of knowledge as to what happened. The IMPORTANT thing to remember is that the local police department has to know this happened to MANY people and not just one person. If they think this is a one off type situation they are less likely to follow up. You have to let it be known that this is a far reaching event.

It's your only chance to light some type of fire under his behind, and the longer you wait to do it the worse it will be for you.

Comment

Mark is doing make up for Spookywoods maybe you should all send Tony and email and ask him to fire Mark and or keep all of his money towards paying you guys back. You could also ask Tony for the local police dept phone numbers... I'd go after him big time.

Every single person who is owed a suit and or was asked to buy one should post their address and email one person can put together a list and go to the police. If it was a scam to get money from people with no intentions what so ever of delivery there should be legal ramifications.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

OK I just got off the phone with Tony. First off I want to say how wonderful he has been to help with the situation. Also, he does not have any involvment with Spookywoodsfx anymore. Mark and Krystal are the sole owners. This is what Tony told me.

1. Mark is working day and night to get the costumes finished.
        2. He will not post on the board until he is finished with everyone's costume.
        3. We will eventually get our costumes.
        4. No idea of the time frame involved here.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur. Tony actually saw and took pictures of some of the costumes that were almost finished. I can not advise anyone what to do here. I, however, am choosing to wait. If anyone would like to call me please feel free. 903-918-3889

Sue
        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by terrormasue View Post
          OK I just got off the phone with Tony. First off I want to say how wonderful he has been to help with the situation. Also, he does not have any involvment with Spookywoodsfx anymore. Mark and Krystal are the sole owners. This is what Tony told me.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur. Tony actually saw and took pictures of some of the costumes that were almost finished. I can not advise anyone what to do here. I, however, am choosing to wait. If anyone would like to call me please feel free. 903-918-3889

Sue
          I think it is absolute bull that he isn't willing to communicate with anybody who is waiting. And frankly, I feel your complacency with the situation is no way to deal with this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
            Every single person who is owed a suit and or was asked to buy one should post their address and email one person can put together a list and go to the police. I
            Larry
            Exactly, the worst that can happen is you get your suit late, or you at least find out what the hell happened.

This is what Tony told me.

Tony has pleaded with Mark to post here or send everyone involved an email or some sort of notification. It is my understanding that will not occur.
            Sue
            You have the patience of a saint. You know how the saying goes though: "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me"..

Having Tony get involved is going to be a good way to annoy multiple people who are not even "involved" in the situation. I'm sure Tony is sick of hearing about this and he is not even a player in this.

So Mark is holding thousands and thousands of dollars...won't answer a phone, won't reply back with a status, and ignores everyone...are we seeing a pattern here?
            Originally posted by TheGreatPhantasmo View Post
            I think it is absolute bull that he isn't willing to communicate with anybody who is waiting. And frankly, I feel your complacency with the situation is no way to deal with this issue.
            There is little doubt he will come on eventually and have a crazy story about whatever happened. How that resolves the issue is beyond me. I understand people who sent him money have to be cautious as they are probably afraid they then WON'T get an item...but at some point you have to stick up for yourself.

Comment

It sounds to me after talking on the phone with someone, that he refuses to get on here and tell anyone anything. and I mean on Hauntworld and thru email.

His statement was "Well, I already told them once that Im working hard to get them finished! Why should I have to get on there anymore and tell them whats going on!?!?"

-Thats what I got out of it at least.

And with that, Im not really sure if I should wait around for who knows how long, or try to get my money back. As I've said before, I'd rather have the costume than the money, but this is going too far now.

From more hear-say, it's sounds like Mark doesnt have any money... as if he's already spent what he made off of us. So with that, is it even worth trying to file a lawsuit against him?

Starting to sound to me like its gonna be a waist of money on trying to get our money back, if we went that route.

I'm not too sure what to do here now!!
              Brad Bowen
              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                From more hear-say, it's sounds like Mark doesnt have any money... as if he's already spent what he made off of us. So with that, is it even worth trying to file a lawsuit against him?

Starting to sound to me like its gonna be a waist of money on trying to get our money back, if we went that route.
                Filing a report (for each person affected) with his local police department is absolutely free. There is absolutely nothing negative that can come about from it. If you decide to continue to wait around, possibly until after Halloween, how odd is that going to sound when you try to file a report. "yes I waited 8 months, and even through the Halloween season to file some type of report". Once they see the amount of people affected by this you'd be surprised how quickly things will get rolling.

Are you in the wrong for wanting to know what the hell happened to YOUR money?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHauntedOwl View Post
                  Filing a report (for each person affected) with his local police department is absolutely free. There is absolutely nothing negative that can come about from it. If you decide to continue to wait around, possibly until after Halloween, how odd is that going to sound when you try to file a report. "yes I waited 8 months, and even through the Halloween season to file some type of report". Once they see the amount of people affected by this you'd be surprised how quickly things will get rolling.

Are you in the wrong for wanting to know what the hell happened to YOUR money?
                  what he said

Comment

Spookywoods is in my bordering state...I only wish they were an hour or twos drive...

Maybe there is a REALLY good explanation guys??
                    O'Shawn McClendon
                    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

Haunters,

First off let me make 100% clear Spookywoods is my haunted attraction. I do not own SpookywoodsFX. Mark Goodson has been my Sr. makeup artist for years, I let him use my name to get his company well know at the Vegas Transworld show. I did help him get started and once he paid my investment back I no longer had anything to do with his company. It is 100% owned by his wife Krystal.

I just logged on to this board tonight for the first time in 3 months. I have been building a massive zip line tour as you may have seen in Haunt World. Anyone that knows me can tell you I would be the first to help anyone. I have called Sue back each time she called me and I just seen all the posts tonight on this thread.

I have just finished building our massive Zip Line Tour that I have been working on 12 to 16 hours a day since June. Haunts are a walk in the park opposed to 60ft Sky Towers that people take a leap of faith off of. My county and NC Dept of Labor have had their code books wide open on my back for months. However, I came out the other side open for business as of last Friday! There is a GOD!

I did get a call from Larry and Sue. Just to get some facts out there, I let Mark use my name to get his business started back at the Vegas Transworld show. I invested over 46K in his company and once I got my money back I was no longer part of it. He will change the name once he gets on his feet again. I in no way have anything to do with SpookywoodsFX any longer. I was the front man and promoter as I believed in his work to be the best in the industry and I wanted to see his products in haunts around the world.

Now to the issue everyone is upset about. "Where are my costumes!!"

I just talked with Mark about two minutes ago and I flat out asked him, "Mark why don't you get on the board and email people an ETA?". His response is what good will it do, all people want is their product and I'm working 24/7 on them. I know that is true as he is using my shop and he has been literally sleeping on the work bench in the shop.

This problem started when his assistant Joh was casting all the parts for the suits at his own house. There was a disagreement on payment and Mark did not know that Joh stopped making parts two weeks ago. This situation got from bad to worse, now he not only is behind but has no product to even make the suits with. So, he is now working day and night just trying to get caught up. I took a photo and sent to Sue today of 3 suits he is working on, so I know for a fact product is being produced.

I really don't want to get involved, but I also have two suits I paid in full also. So, I'm in the same boat as all of you. I can tell you he is working hard on getting them created.

I will try to get an ETA on the next orders to go out to at least let people know something. I tried to tell Mark that not saying anything is only hurting all his future business no matter how good he is, this kind of customer service will KILL him.

You all and I both know, it's the customer service after the sale that wins the next order.

I'm truly sorry for all the stress this has caused all the ones waiting on orders. I hope at least with me getting some updates this will settle some of the anger and concern.

I don't mind helping out with updates, as I get them.

I hope you all have a great season despite this issue.
                      Last edited by twohlgemuth; 09-28-2010, 10:10 PM.
                      Tony Wohlgemuth,
                      Comes up with the fun stuff!
                      Kersey Valley, Inc.
                      www.KerseyValley.com

Comment

I personally have not ordered anything from Mark, however, Tony, HOW LONG did that take you to type? Maybe 5 minutes tops? And I can guarantee alot of people who are reading this who have money invested in his product are breathing a huge sigh of relief. It would have taken Krystal 5 minutes to put a new message on her voicemail saying things are on their way, or 5 minutes to post on here the horrible situation that they are in right now.

Thanks for the update, however.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
                          I personally have not ordered anything from Mark, however, Tony, HOW LONG did that take you to type? Maybe 5 minutes tops? And I can guarantee alot of people who are reading this who have money invested in his product are breathing a huge sigh of relief. It would have taken Krystal 5 minutes to put a new message on her voicemail saying things are on their way, or 5 minutes to post on here the horrible situation that they are in right now.

Thanks for the update, however.
                          Bingo

This whole parade is a wonderful case study of how not to run a business, had there been better communication and maybe a token gesture of a small cash rebate on late goods or something thrown in for free this would have likely gone away.

Comment

Tony,

Thanks for the update. I will say his reasons for not updating people is PATHETIC! A big part of running a company is communication and yes not always can every I and T be crossed but when you flat out ignore countless people because you owe them product that is just pathetic.

I talked to another person yesterday who said they are owed stuff from him that he advertised on this site ... sent a check and never got a thing.

Tony, I know you have nothing to do with this and I know NO ONE holds you responsible. Mark should fill orders, communicate with his clients if he wants to run a business, if he wants to take peoples money... the way he's treated people is just horrible.

Larry
                            Larry Kirchner
                            President
                            www.HalloweenProductions.com
                            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareAftershockLLC View Post
                              BINGO is right!!! That's what I want most is just a little communication.

The way it was presented to me with his reaction is- "why should I tell them again when I've told them once 4 weeks ago"

Bad business, and unless I can take a costume with me when I pay for it at a show.....

MARK WILL MOST LIKELY NEVER SEE ANOTHER DOLLAR FROM ME.
                              Brad Bowen
                              Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                              www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

He sent me an email last week telling me that my costume would be here for opening night, Sept 24th. Obviously, that didn't happen. At this point, I really don't want any additional communication, I just want my costume.
                                Brett Hays, Director
                                Fear Fair
                                www.fearfair.com

Comment

Working...
                                X