Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHauntedOwl View Post
    The police paid a visit, found out it was a scam and the person was arrested a few weeks later. Since it was his first offense he got off lightly, had to repay every penny of it, and it was then on his record.
    So everyone should have their money back in time for Halloween - October 31, 2013. I'm sorry, I've seen government at work and that's how much faith I have in them.

Something else to remember is every state has different laws, and every municipality will enforce them differently.

Comment

You can prove fraud simply by getting people to step up and admit they were trying to get others to buy product from them as late as a few weeks ago clearly with no intent on delivery. They did NOT fill orders have not filled orders are not communicating with people who put in orders but still called and emailed people asking for more orders. That right there is fraud and because its done in other states its federal.

Me personally I'm more than willing to testify that they tried to get orders out of me here recently but I'm not willing to put in all this time like you guys... do what you have to do and let me know.

All of you can file a lawsuit right now in your local area and when he doesn't show up you'd get a default judgement then he'd have a record a mile long he wouldn't be able to get car loans, credit cards, nothing ever again.

Something you also might consider is pay a visit... he's working at Spookywoods as a make up artist. Go down and see Tony's awesome haunted house then find this guy and make him give you a suit and take his paycheck from Tony. I already told Tony that he SHOULD NOT employ this guy... how can he have time to work as a make up artist and fill your orders... he can't! Tony should fire the guy point blank if you ask me or suspend him so he can make his costumes and ship to everyone.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

how do people not realize that by not getting your money back you are literally encouraging this business to continue what it is doing and continue to screw other people over!

Comment

I talked to Tony today and he told me Marc is sleeping in his shop and is trying to fill orders and says he will... I told Tony that one weekend is already down in October what does it matter now. At the end of the day if he comes through great if he doesn't you should figure out a plan b.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

We want a refund now instead of the costume

I sent him emails last week asking for a refund instead of the costume, but haven't gotten any replies. We have already been open two weeks, and we have already had most of our media events and made other costume arrangements. However, all of their email boxes are full, including his pm box on here. I don't know any other way of getting the message to him than posting it here.

I love his costumes and would love to have it in the show, but we had to purchase other costumes and makeup, so I want the money back to cover those costs instead.

If anyone has contact with him, please pass this message on to Mark.

Thanks,
            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Have only ordered form Spooky Props once, and got my items with no problem back in 2007 or 8. However, I have had a problem with a non haunt company a while back and had paid by credit card and never got the service I was promised. I contacted the dispute department and got 100% refunded!!!
              www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                So everyone should have their money back in time for Halloween - October 31, 2013. I'm sorry, I've seen government at work and that's how much faith I have in them.

Something else to remember is every state has different laws, and every municipality will enforce them differently.
                This is an internet forum and there is just really no reason to keep trying and make a point which I know is valid.

ok so according to the authorities where Spookywoods FX is located, I could do this next year:

I will create a business called HauntedOwl Costumes. I will goto TW convention and I will sell costumes at $2,000 each. I will have a prototype there that will blow you away and it will be worth it. Next I will get 50 people to order from me and pay me up front. I will simply say "the costumes will ship as soon as they are completed".

I will then make only the gloves for the costume in the first 3-4 months, then I will make the neck piece in the next 3-4 months.. eventually I will get around to making the costume in about 3-4 years and ship it out.
                So according to a few people in this thread it is completely legit, and nothing about that is illegal. Since I have no intent of not delivering a costume I can take as long as I want, not contact anybody, etc...while collecting payment in full up front...Why didnt I think of this before?!?!?!?!!? Bill Gates will be asking me for a loan before long.

Ask yourself this, why can companies only charge your credit card for the full price of an item only when it is ready to ship?
                Anyways..good luck to all that are hoping to get a product. Really crappy situation but if you are this patient and happy to wait more power to you.

Comment

Ok, now that Im not too busy and now have time to think....

Are there any updates on this mess? Anybody on here been contacted at all or recieved anything?

It has now been over 3 weeks since this thread was created.

Mark posted these words: "I havent attempted to avoid you in anyway what-so-ever."

But it seems that no one has heard anything from Mark himself. Props to Tony for looking into it, but nothing from Mark or Krystal.

Dewayne, did you get your money refunded yet?

Also, after seeing an outfit (from a different company) at another haunt, and seeing the lower quality of it, Im getting concerned that since Mark is "rushing" to get them done, that they wont be as good as expected of his company.
                  Brad Bowen
                  Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                  www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Woops!!! I guess I shouldve checked my email before I posted that last post.

Krystal emailed me a few days ago!!

She explained some of the situation they are going thru, and said the suits are deffinately getting made by Mark by himself.

There's still no good ETA on the suit, but at least I know something more now than before.

Any one else get contacted recently?
                    Brad Bowen
                    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
                    www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Its nice when they can respond to an email. Probably took 30 seconds.
                      Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Oh my!! I can't believe it, you actually got a response. I have emailed Krystal several times in the past few days. I have recieved no reply. Well at least they are alive and Mark is working on the suits. Thanks for posting this. Has anyone else heard from or recieved any poduct from Mark? Just wondering. Hopefully they will be arriving soon.

Sue
                        http://www.GraystoneHaunt.com

Comment

Sad

Not a word! Shane and it's not 1 word! Shane this time!
                          sigpic

Comment

Krystal emailed me on October 6

Brad/Sue,

Krystal emailed me on October 6. She said that Mark was having to put all of the suits together, because their other help bailed on them. I let them know that I wanted our money back. She said they are working hard on the suits, and that she would have to check with Mark regarding us getting a refund. Their biggest problem is getting the suits put together right now, according to her.

Hopefully we will get a refund. We do not need the suit now.

Good luck to everyone on this.
                            Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                            Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                            www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

Spookywoods fx - fails to deliver

if anyone gets a suit and does not want it, email or pm us and we will buy it off of you..even if its well after halloween.. thanks jay and yen

Comment

jay you dont need any suit to scare people man you are naturaly scare cracker lol

Comment

Working...
                                X