Haunted House Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted House Updates

Ok lets hear it! Are you ready to open, when do you open, is all props in place/in? Let's hear it Haunters follow me..

Haunt.... Disturbia in Huntsville Alabama. Were trying to pull this off in time we got a way,way,way late start but we have the passion to pull it off. We are to open on Oct 1 but may pull it back 1 week just to help. Not all props are in we will see but where there's a will there's a way! Shane and it's lets hear it Haunters! Shane this time.
    sigpic

SCREAMPARK... 1 and a 1/2 of THREE haunts done... open Sept. 23rd. Still have not finished (some even started) some marketing... print... and ORDERS!! Yes, some ORDERS!

Have yet to receive product from ONE vendor, they know who they are.

Not started any inspections with anybody... building or fire.

Wish us luck! -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We at Ultimate Fear are trucking along!! We open on Thursday for a short promo night, and then we open for the season next Friday night.

Still waiting on a few things to come in but not too much.

We are 99.8% done with costruction, just have a few doors to put up, and we are almost done with lighting. Going LED"s almost everywhere this year.

We just finished hiring all our actors I believe, and working on training all of them now.

Give us just a few more day, and we will be set!!

Im ready to scare some people!!!!
      Brad Bowen
      Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
      www.ultimatefear.net

Comment

Howdy!

Oblivion is all DONE accept for lighting since Bert from Minispotlight is busy with the Extreme home makeover haunt and such. He assures me he can finish us before october 1. We get inspected tomorrow. STILL waiting on stuff from vendors as well. Just got our WEB GUN in today, so I can start webbing areas that have lighting installed. Still working on custom costumes and makeup stuff, promotions, advertising and such. Hope everything is going well for everyone else! Cant wait to see!
        "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
        Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
        Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

We are just about finished. We started in February and completely gutted the old haunt. It's been a long year, many ups and downs but overall, we are excited about this year's show. I think even with the down economy, this will be a good year for haunters. Hope all of you have a record season.

Vinny
          www.ArxMortis.com

Comment

Originally posted by OblivionHauntedHouse View Post
            Howdy!

Oblivion is all DONE accept for lighting since Bert from Minispotlight is busy with the Extreme home makeover haunt and such. He assures me he can finish us before october 1. We get inspected tomorrow. STILL waiting on stuff from vendors as well. Just got our WEB GUN in today, so I can start webbing areas that have lighting installed. Still working on custom costumes and makeup stuff, promotions, advertising and such. Hope everything is going well for everyone else! Cant wait to see!
            Hope it all comes in in time. my last vendor has shipped and will be here tomorrow. your haunt is looking great and I hope it works out.
            Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

Busting my butt to. I have my two scare zones untouched and am waiting on an animatronic to finish fabrication so I can skin it, and waiting on a second laser to finish my lagoon room.
              Hang in there folks this is what its all about.
              Allen H
              www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
              http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

We are in hustle mode in the Hollow but it is looking better and better. Actor training days coming up soon and we have gotten a crazy amount of applications this year. Every year we get better and better. We should make it but like all haunts I think some things we wanted to do this year will be delayed.
                Proud to be able to work at
                http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

We open September 23rd

We open next week on the 23rd, and we have our media/sponsor night one week from today. Stewart and I are in full blown panic mode right now, being that this is the first time we have opened a haunt. However, Kevin keeps reassuring us that we are right on schedule.

We should have our last truckload of props this Thursday, with the rest coming in today and tomorrow. Our C.O. inspection by the fire marshals (state and local) is this Friday, with a follow up on Monday if needed. Our last few electrical outlets will be installed today or tomorrow, and the remainder of our pneumatic lines, T's and storage tanks will be installed today.

We still have to install all of our lighting (Darklight and Mini spotlight LED's throughout), as well as our camo netting across the top. We also still have to build our swamp/forest pathway scene, and the remaining walls that we are purposely holding off on until the last of our big props arrive. Our scenic artist is still painting the portraits for one of our hallways, and he has about 10 left to do. He completed the endless hallway effect room last night.

We have purchased all printed material, and have already distributed well over 10,000 fliers. Actor training classes have already been held, and our fright team has been attending local football games.

Good luck everyone!
                  Dewayne Anglin

Director of Operations
                  Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC/ Folklore Haunted House
                  www.folklorehauntedhouse.com

sigpic

Comment

We got a REALLY late jump but things are moving along well. The outer skeleton and inner walls are all just about up but we still have a lot of decorating and 2 HUGE effects to get up... the good news is we don't open until the 15th of Oct :twisted:
                    Come see what lies BENEATH!
                    www.cagleshauntedbarn.com

Comment

Literally JUST walked in my office from our full haunt inspection. What was a constant build up to be completely nerve racking - went swimmingly. From the moment they walked in they loved what they saw and were impressed with our event. One of the inspectors even confessed that he wouldnt be caught dead in there during operation, and if he did - we would have a mess to clean up

Thanks for all of you who have been supporting us and rooting us on. You really pushed us along this crazy first year journey. The feeling I have right now knowing we open in less than a month cannot even be described.

Is it bad if I am even more excited about NEXT year?

Erick James Gyrion
                      Oblivion Haunted House
                      "My day is not complete unless I have terrified a complete stranger!"

Erick James Gyrion
                      Owner - Oblivion Haunted House
                      Menasha, Wisconsin

www.oblivionhauntedhouse.com

Comment

Oblivion-
                        something I tell my actors that I think keeps them coming back is
                        "this is your second favorite year at SCREAMS, next year will be your first" I say that to them each year. You forget the sweat and the pain when you are thinking of next year. As long as each season is your second favorite then your doing it right.
                        Allen H
                        www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

The Nightmare opens this weekend for it's 'preview', then we 'actually' open next week. We're as ready as can be....which means I'm still filling and pulling from molds, props are in a constant state of repair/updating and..and..and.......but you all know how that works.

this is Halloween, Halloween...

Comment

Well....

Were gaining ground but still got a ways to go. Last few days people have been walking over each other. Shane and its back to work! Shane this time!
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X