No announcement yet.

Just saw this on a local haunts site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw this on a local haunts site...

I found this while browsing haunt websites. Is this really the longest? While 3,300 feet is a very nice haunt, from looking at some of your websites it seems that there are longer out there. Is it just that they went to guinness before anyone else?

just curious of your thoughts.
    Attached Files
    In the Shadows...We are Legion

I thought Cutting Edge in Fort Worth Texas was the longest...however even their article on Guiness says 2,261.08 ft. I searched and it does say in a couple articles Factory of Terror beat it. It is pretty long...got to go through during the Midwest Haunters Convention and it was pretty impressive...and craziest part is they haven't even used what looks like half of the entire building. I recommend you checking it out if you haven't! It is a little bit of a drive from us but worth it just to see it, a very well put together set of attractions.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

When haunts post how big they are, they are talking about sq. footage. This is measured in length from the start to the finish, walking or in some cases running lol. 3,300 is a long way. Thanks for posting this, I did not know that Cutting Edge was "Edged" out.
      Originally posted by Octoberalles View Post
      I found this while browsing haunt websites. Is this really the longest? While 3,300 feet is a very nice haunt, from looking at some of your websites it seems that there are longer out there. Is it just that they went to guinness before anyone else?

just curious of your thoughts.
      Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

They officially got the record in August and Somethingintheice is correct that the record is based on distanced walked, not square footage.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

I was invited to the official recording of the record at Factory of Terror, but could not make it. It is definitely very long to walk the entire attraction. I know they wanted to take the record and not by a little bit, they beat it by 1000'. I know they have a ton of room to expand as well. I would not be surprised if in the next few years they make it over a 1 mile walk thru.
          Brian Warner
          Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
          Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
          Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

One of the owners of FoT was telling me this during the MHC pre-haunt tour. They're only up by a few sq feet but are going to have a major expansion for next season. the building is over 160,000 sq ft and they're not even using half of it...
            Last edited by Badger; 09-13-2010, 01:14 PM.
            http://www.bigscaryshow.com
            http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

i have also been to erebus not sure how many sq ft theres is but it took about 45 min to walk through it and that is a very large building also
              Kyle Guillette
              Dysfunctional Concepts-Haunted Alaskan Motel

Comment

Then Again....There's Ravens Grin Inn

Which may hold a record for the longest walk-through distance plus time in the haunt , all on a 126 foot by 70 foot lot.
                Seven physical levels from rooftop cupola to the wine cellar underground.
                There might also be a record in the longest time customers spend laughing in haunt too?
                Maybe also a record for the longest (time-wise) customers scream. (Real screams only need apply.)
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Long walks are fine, but...

Long walks are fine, but the third and most recent time I was at Raven's Grin Inn by the world famous, Jim Warfield, we were in there for 2 hours, 45 minutes. That was the record for me. Been to Erebus and it IS long in a big building, but Raven's Grin Inn holds the record in my eyes.
                  Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
                  Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Just watched America Haunts today and Erebus was on there, they did have the record back in 2005. I grew up in Canton and went to the original FoT when it was in the Hercules Plant, haven't made it to the new one yet. Hopefully when I make a visit back home, I'll get to check it out. It looks great. Found an article about the world record.

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/x13511...s-world-record

Comment

interesting to read. I didn't really look into the claims or the validity of the record, I was just curious how many have entered their haunts for consideration. On one hand, it seems this would benefit the industry due to increased customer interest (who wouldnt like to walk a mile in a haunted house) but also seems like it could make the market ripe with haunts that possess no meat and potatoes inside...just long empty hallways.

granted, from what I've gathered from people that I respect, it seems FoT is both long, well done, and interesting (yet to go there though I'm 45 minutes away) but i wonder if others without the same scruples to put on a good haunt/performance will create black hall monstrocities in order to be able to put "we're the longest" under their moniker.

I hope thats not the case.

Mike if you want to make a trip down there this season, i'd be interested to check it out.

thanks for the thoughts everyone!
                      In the Shadows...We are Legion

Comment

Brett, A success for me..

Isn't measured by 2 hrs. 45 minutes, but may be measured by me making it seem like alot quicker time you spent here because I managed to distort your sense of time with stimulating entertainment.
                        I hope that was the case.
                        Thank You.
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                        X