Actor Hand Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actor Hand Props

I know its late, but I'm looking for links to vendors that have actor hand props.

I'm specificly looking for an old school sickle, like what they used to cut grain with back in the day.

Any other hand prop too like hatchets, axes, cleavers, ect.

Any links to a vendor would be helpful....
    Last edited by coasterfreak63; 09-13-2010, 11:18 AM.

Check out Screamline's weapons (www.screamlinestudios.com). They offer a wide variety of styles and they look real.
    Last edited by BruiseMuse; 09-13-2010, 04:10 PM.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Seconded...
      http://www.bigscaryshow.com
      http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

I will third that. Beofre purchase though I would give them a call and see if they will be able to deliver before your season starts. We are getting down to crunchtime and many of the vendors are flooded. worse comes to worse you can always make one using some foam, duct tape and some pvc pipe. it won't be pretty but in low light eh. if you have any metal fabricating equipment you can also make one and make sure to grind the point dull and the edges flatten and dull much like a stage prop sword used in theater for stage fights.
        I would not really advise the last option though.

Oh for Safety and look and since I notice the link posted earlier is broken
        http://www.screamlinestudios.com/
        Last edited by soultrkr; 09-13-2010, 02:45 PM.
        Proud to be able to work at
        http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Thanks friends! I appreciate it!

We are pretty backed up with orders, however, I think we should be able to get everyone satisfied.

Some items we have in stock (it will tell you on the web store).

http://shop.screamlinestudios.com
          Steve Martini
          Screamline Studios
          www.screamlinestudios.com
          steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Yes I will most likely be ordering the cleaver tomorrow, I believe its still in stock

Comment

old school scythe

check this out www.fullmoonmasks.com/pro1276538.html awesome looking scythe. Might be just want you're looking for. And I just picked up a great blowmold butcher knife from Nightview Productions. Cost next to nothing and once I had distressed it and painted a sharper edge the knife looks so real it fooled someone even a couple of feet away. And Steve at Nightview is great to deal with.

Comment

^ Thats a little bit out of my price range....

Ive already spent close to $600 and I havent even ordered my contacts or hand prop.

I appreciate everyones input. Now its just a matter of decision, cleaver or butcher knife

Comment

I know exactly where you're at. I bought gas masks, knives, foam appliances, and a sawed off shotgun already and I still want to get a bear trap and some platform boots before dress rehearsal on the 25th. So much money and so little time.....

Comment

Originally posted by actscared View Post
                    check this out www.fullmoonmasks.com/pro1276538.html awesome looking scythe. Might be just want you're looking for. And I just picked up a great blowmold butcher knife from Nightview Productions. Cost next to nothing and once I had distressed it and painted a sharper edge the knife looks so real it fooled someone even a couple of feet away. And Steve at Nightview is great to deal with.
                    If you want to get a fake butcher knife and customize it to look real, you may as well go pick one up from your local Halloween store, no point even buying one online.

I definitely recommend one of Screamline's new weapons. I own the Machete, it is awesome, very realistic prop! Not to mention very, very strong!

Comment

I went with an off the shelf knife last year and when I was threatening one of the customers some kid said," Oh, I've got that knife at home" So I told him that I knew that he did because I had gone to his house and got it. This year I wanted to have a weapon none of the customers would hopefully recognize, except that they had a large butcher knife waving in their face. I've bought knives from movie supply houses and I found most store knives are out of scale and really don't look real. This one from Nightview cost 6.99 and after painting it, it is my new favorite so buying online is necessary when it comes to a convincing prop.

Comment

Working...
                      X