Clear All

High Startle and High Gore... that's the best. -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Originally posted by Xeverity
      Because the inmates used to make 'garden knomes' just adding a couple of these in the graveyard creeps people out more than anthing!
      Actually, a lot of people are afraid of those garden gnomes. I saw on TV once, a show where people were facing their worst fears, and in return, got a prize. One lady was terrified of them! She had to enter a fenced in area and pick them up one by one, then turn them over to find which one had her gift certificate taped to the bottom. I think it was worth 5 or 10,000 dollars, so it made it worth it for her. But she was freaking out.

I'd love to go to the lock-in (I'd actually love to just visit London, period), but alas, thousands of miles away. And I don't think the other haunters would let me leave!
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

"Insane"? No, out here locally it's known as "The Bubble Factory"
        One very hot day as one man was opening large containers of soap powder to put them into smaller containers another man working there moved a big fan and blew soap powder all over the sweaty man doing this other job beside him.
        There just had to be bubbles that time!
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Jim that's quite an imagination you have there!!

Just to let you know - your mother called and she asked me to remind you not to forget to keep taking your medication.

X xxx

Comment

Jim forgot to add the smileys don't want my hunour backfiring! You know how dry 'english' hunour can be. LOL

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Comment

I stopped takijng my medication along with anyone else's years ago.
              Hay fever meds eventually duplicated the sensation of my skull cracking down the middle! This meant "Time to stop taking those pills!"
              Anyone selling any kind of drugs are starving to death waiting for any money from me.
              A vast majority of the postings I make are actually factual, like the old saying:"Truth is stranger than fiction" AND truth doesn't have to sound the least bit believable, because it is the Truth! (Fiction is limited, it has to sound real to have a chance of fooling anybody.)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

But if you believe the fiction it becomes truth. Factuallity is only based on one's perception of fact and fiction.
                Take me for example I like using guns in my show and strippers and letting drunk people pee on my animatronics.
                Jim doesn't. Is what I just said fact or fiction? Its whether I believe it or not. It doesn't matter what you think. You know why.
                I don't have to pay you taxes and you don't sign my paycheck.
                Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

"If you believe fiction it becomes truth"??

Adolf won the war from his Berlin bunker then.
                  Right?
                  A young man from this rural area was going to fly into town and buy his Mother some cigerettes.
                  He broke both arms as he hit the ground flapping real hard and fast with his homemade wings.
                  This happened many years ago before there were computer games and tv with 80 channels to keep him from spending his time building wings.
                  Later he flew 53 combat missions over Europe in World War Two and never had to use an airplane, he was a natural talent.
                  He would land on the enemy's wing and peek in the side of their cockpit glass and scare the hell out of them, causing much confusion and consternation!
                  ..you ARE believing this , aren't you?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanx for the great posts guys, it shows me again, and what I can understand is how more important a haunted house is to entertain and not to scare. But when you do scare it must be done in an entertainment way. Or when you do freak them out, follow it by something calm, relaxing and fun.

That's what I think makes the difference between a normal setup ghost house and a professional haunted house. There is so much more depth into it. Could that mean, it is not the props you use but the presentation you give. So the props is not there really to scare, but to help you with the presentation.
                    Kallie Kapriolle

Comment

"YOUR customers should dictate your level of intensity."

I agree....
                      "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
                      www.maliciousstudios.com
                      "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
                      http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Things get scarier by themselves IN "Tent City"
                        But I would suggest not becoming too full of yourself to not notice if a customer is having a real emotional or physical difficulty.
                        The last thing in this world that I want to have happen is for some thing I do to become a person's next long-term mental problem. Some get extremely upset by these acts we do in darkened venues.
                        I have talked a great number of very shy, scared people, adults, into giving my house a chance. Sometimes they are still scared from many years previous from a haunted house and mine is the first one they are seeing in many, many years.
                        So how much money did that scare cost a haunt owner(s)?
                        No return, no referrals, add relatives and friends..what, six people that didn't show up for ten years ..60 lost admissions, at $125.oo each, this becomes real money!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It never fails to amaze me that people come to a haunted house or attraction and then get upset when they get scared by something. I hear complaints every year about this or that being too intense when that's what it's supposed to do.

We have signs posted EVERYWHERE stating that our haunt is not recommended for children under age 14, BUT, I still see people every night walking through the park with baby strollers and young toddlers. These same people will then complain to management that the park is too scary for their precious snowflakes. Sometimes I wish I could be a fly on the wall for those conversations...
                          http://www.bigscaryshow.com
                          http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

If it's too scary for them and their kids I would think they would not be returning next year or the year after that and the problem would solve itself.
                            But we know how people just like to complain....if they stay home they have to complain to family or neighbors , they need a new audience! So they come back to the haunt.
                            Is this what is going on?
                            could be.
                            I admit I like the challenge of possibly scaring someone by just raising one of my eyebrows. This is quite the ego trip! (Yes it has happened , I even have it on video tape. hahahaha!)

"Jim! Your eyebrow did that again! Stop it!... I'm scared..."
                            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The sound of a zipper coming undone behind you in the dark can scare the hell out of you too! Jim is your fly down or you just glad to see me?! LOL!
                              Damon Carson

Comment

Most People..

Seem to not complain when you scare them if you make them laugh too. Laugh immeadiately after the scare or even during the scare right after their scream or gasp.
                                And of course all humor is risk. You risk not being funny or offending someone.
                                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                                X