Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgil's Music -- Take a Listen...AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgil's Music -- Take a Listen...AGAIN!

VIRGIL --

A greek name which means "rod or staff." We all know that a rod or staff is literally a long stick used in support. Whether that support be in walking or a crosspiece in a chair, it is something we all have or will depend on at some point in our lives.

VIRGIL --

The name of a role model. A man who told me it was okay to be who I am and to love myself regardless. Virgil is my father's name and he will forever be a part of me. However, there is another man who posesses the same name -- this name of support and strength. A magical name that has brought musical delight to many.

I'm, of course, speaking of Virgil Franklin.

I chose to begin this thread because unbeknownst to Virgil, he kept me peaceful and sane during a time when I felt lost. I was stranded at the Dallas airport overnight trying to get home to California after Transworld. I already had a few of Virgil's CDs back home and had acquired the remaing CDs during TW to complete my collection. I'd listen to his music during office work or piddling around the house. But, it wasn't until I was alone, quiet and settled with nothing else around me that I truly heard his music. And ladies and gentlemen, let me tell you what an experience it was. So, this is what I encourage you to do....

If you own any of Virgil's CDs, run all your errands, feed the kids, finish that paperwork and then and only then, put on Virgil's music. Lower the lights in the room and allow every note to permeate your senses. Every song has a message and it may come across differently for each individual.

If you do not own any of his CDs or your collection is not complete, I encourage you to take the step to change all that. You won't be dissatisfied.

After being alone in Dallas and being forced to really pay attention to what I was listening to, I realized his music was perfect for my haunt -- and not just one particular CD. Our haunt is taking on a Klownz Klinic theme this year and in doing so, I thought Virgil's Klown would be perfect and it is. However, after listening to his entire collection, I found that there was music from other CDs that fit quite nicely into our theme, as well. So, just because you're doing a Bayou theme, don't limit yourself to just his Hillbilly Hell CD. Explore his other creations and you're bound to find something else to include in your haunt's music repertoire.

Thanks Virgil for being with me in Dallas. Your music comforted me when I felt alone and I'm proud to say that your music will be featured in our haunt this season.

Gwen, you make a really good point.
    Virgil's music purchases off my site have been growing every year.
    They have done well enough to take second place just behind Midnight Syndicate, moving Nox Arcana into 3rd.
    It's been an honor to work with Virgil the last 2-3 years and look forward to the future.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

So very well said Gwen! And on top of being so amazingly talented, Virgil is one hell of a guy! It was great to finally meet you in person and hug your neck Virgil! Gwen's right, you really are an inspiration! You know Gwen, the next chance I get (make), I'm going to do exactly as you suggested! Thanks for that sweetie!

Kel
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I am thoroughly "got"... as my father use to say...

There is no higher praise that can be given a
        composer.... no award... no amount of money....
        nothing can top this....

I am humbled and honored all at once...

Thanks Gwen, Jeff, and Kel...

Now how could you possibly have known I was in
        need of a little inspiration?

It must be a "haunter thing".
        Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

Gwen, have you picked up his CD, Child of Light yet? Christmas music. Tis wonderful and I really do need to sit down and take a listen as suggested. This week is insanely busy as I am helping tear down a fantastic haunted house and take some of it home with me. Sigh.
          The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmaretony
            Gwen, have you picked up his CD, Child of Light yet? Christmas music. Tis wonderful and I really do need to sit down and take a listen as suggested. This week is insanely busy as I am helping tear down a fantastic haunted house and take some of it home with me. Sigh.
            Would this "fantastic haunted house" be The Haunted Vineyard?

I do not own Virgil's Child of Light CD, but during Christmas, he put the link out there for all of us to hear it. VERY, VERY nice!

Comment

Yup, the haunt Is the Vineyard. 1 week until out of there, Gary called me to come over with trailer. Today's haul included the cornfield maze fences and some 30 walls. Borrowed the soundtracks. Creeping me out right now.

so every night after work, going out there. Schedule is like this:

Morning: offload truck and trailer
              Go to work
              leave work at 6 pm
              gead to Vineyard
              load up trailer ands truck till 9
              go home and dive into bed
              Rinse and repeat.

going to get a LOT of exercise there. Am also asking permission on putting up a tribute website since there is none for the house. Then you will be able to see what it was.

Virgil: if you make it out to Vegas for transworld for next year, will be kewl to finally meet you in person. Met Ed again at Haunt X. Thanks for the banner supporting Midnight Syndicate. Darned good people there!
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X