Inspections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspections

The weight is finally off of our shoulders. Because we just finished a complete re-design of our haunt, we were little unsure about whether the fire marshal would approve of our new changes. I'm happy to announce that with the help of many volunteers, friends (including some on these forums) and family, we passed all of our inspections and are on track to open Sept. 25th for our VIP Media night. It's going to be a great season. We look foward to seeing and meeting many of you within the next few weeks. Hope all of you have a great season.

Vinny
    www.ArxMortis.com

Congratulations! Hope everything else goes to plan

Comment

Congrats!

Arx Mortis is off & running... Congrats!

It's gonna be a great season.

Best, - Lee
      sigpic

___Lee George / 215.525.1300 x129 / LeeGeorge@TicketLeap.com

Comment

"Location! Location! Location!"

Glad to see you made it through the inspections but location means everything. In my area (Bensalem Township, Bucks County, Pa), we have a building inspector (Matt Takita) and fire marshall (Jay Scanlon) who create new rules on top of the existing building and fire codes but they only apply to haunted house attractions. Even though I cannot find such language in the Municipal Codes. My walls would have to be steel studs, sheet rock just like a permanent structure and "fire proof" which also does not appear in the Code. I was also told that I cannot setup in a parking lot with a tent "because you can't install a sprinkler system" in a tent. Plywood walls with fire retardant are not acceptable by their dillusional standards either. If this is true, why are fireworks sellers permitted to setup in parking lots in tents? Fireworks are made from plastic, paper, gun powder, etc. Things that burn, fly and explode. How are fire retardant treated plywood panels more dangerous than fireworks? My walls, even if not treated with fire retardant, will not burst into flames, fly or explode with just the strike of a match.

This is a very common complaint among haunters and, occasionally, other legitimate businesses in Bensalem Township. It just depends on where you are and who you're dealing with which will determine whether you open or not. Our fate is in the hands of these individuals who are legends in their own minds. Don't get me wrong. They have a very important job to do and the safety of our communities is in their hands but, let's not get rediculous. Unfortunately, they have. I've been trying since 2005. Maybe I'll get to setup and open my haunt someday. If these clowns get their way, that'll never happen....

Steve
        Last edited by Uptown Haunts; 10-13-2010, 04:02 PM.
        UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
        X