Need Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Ideas

I am looking for an idea for a final room/sceen that people will really enjoy, something that wiil really scare them. This is our first year we will be open so we are keeping it as cost effective as possible. We are already doing a dot room, clowns, mazes ect. If anyone has any unique ideas I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Quick suggestion for a budget conscious person would be to have a relaxed room, kind of bring them out of the scare mood just enough to think they're safe and almost out, then have an actor hiding right before the exit and have the actor use a chainsaw (without the chain ofcourse) to chase them through a closed off hallway that leads to the exit.

Reason I said closed off was so that the patrons waiting in line would not see the scare, if the exit is on the same side as the entrance.

Comment

I think the chainsaw is a great idea. I've been to quite a few houses that end with a chainsaw guy chasing patrons out and it's always been really scary.

I think for the room, trying doing a meat locker type of deal. Low, dim lighting (flickering if possible), if you don't have lotsa money use big clear plastic tarps, splash some fake blood around in them. Take some old clothes, fill them up with newspaper or whatever, shape them into a body put that in the tarp, wrap up and hang from ceiling..leave room for swing. Put a couple of those up and then have your actor at the end of the room behind a sliding door that when he opens it, it makes a loud noise then rev up the chainsaw!

Good luck!

Comment

A little cool idea for the bags to be moving in the meat locker..The dollar store has the little bats that fly around in a circle take the bat off and attach the bag to it. It has enough power to make the bag move back and forth...

Comment

I always like falling wall scares, it can make a good ending.
          www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
          http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Walk them Passed the Break Room.

Secretly video tape just the faces of some of the customers first, then as they pass by the break room a TV is on and the newscaster breaks into regular programming with "pictures" of the escaped felon , wanted by the FBI!
            (And he's standing right next to YOU!)
            Of course it would be easier to just have a "Shill" and take as much time as necesarry to put a pretty picture of him into the video production.
            A phoney gunfight (with blanks) could follow.
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

One of the kewl features of this years haunted house is we are setting up the ending of the haunted house just exactly like the beginning. People will think they ended up right where they came into the haunt. Everything from the crates, signs, moss, lighting, sounds and even smell are the same. Kinda neat feature, but of course we have the infamous chainsaws at the end thats an idea for you.
              I Do Believe In Spooks, I Do Believe In Spooks, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do Believe In Spooks

Comment

Walk into a relaxed room with medium lighting with a couch and love seat etc...
                Tear out the seats in both and have actors hiding in the couch and love seat.
                Then... Kill the lights and hit the strobes and have the actors burst out of the furniture.
                No one ever expects that.
                sigpic
                PEACE, ADAM
                www.poisonprops.com

Comment

Very interesting ideas

Comment

we are doing the meat locker at the beginning of our haunt this year. Right now i just have the bags hanging from the ceiling with rope and the guests will have to push their way through them. I'll have to look into those flying bats though!
                    ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Comment

Working...
                    X