Show Stopper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show Stopper?

What is the biggest thing in your haunt where you will have people talking about when they come out of it? The biggest scared or the biggest "did you see that? etc.

I built the whole place myself. Using mostly my own strange ideas and concepts, filled with my own artwork, my house is also a tourist attraction open year-round.
    I have done some very strenious physical labor doing much of it, maybe that impresses some people too?
    I also spend alot of time communicating the ghost stories of this house which are genuine experiences, non-fiction. I tell them with some attempted humor so people don't become too scared.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Funny thing is the thing people commented most on was and afterthought. There was a room in the haunt that used to be a dark room for picture developing. Black walls, dim red lights and a sink, so it was already creepy. So we were just going to throw an extra manaquin (sp?) in there and hang some gory pics up, like they had just been developed. Well my 14 year old son wanted to be in there. We had bought a butcher costume for my other son, and it came with this wierd white mask of a baby face. It did not work well for the butcher room so my 14 year old boy used it in the red light room and would stand still like a dummy and then knd of just get up in there face real creepy like and then they would try to get out of the room, not thinking you go out the same way you came in. While they were trying to find the way out my son would just follow them around, not saying a word, but being right in their faces and then he would go over and turn the lights off for a while and then off and on. Sometimes he would keep them in there for a minute or two. Much to my suprise and delight, people would say, that little creepy guy in the red light room that ran around turning out the lights creeped them out the most. This was great for him, because he had always been one of the kids in years past that kind of was just put in the background. So I think he will be a main actor from now on.

Comment

I had a guy coming to my photo souvenir attraction and decided to bring a real pig head and heart to be incorperated into the photo. It was a show stopper in the way of turning so many people off and it was tough watching so many walk out. Although to some extent the word getting out of how far we go actually was working for the better.
        StackerSteve
        LoT 27
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lot-27...060788?ref=sgm

Comment

Our lost in the dark room was our showstopper and worked out well thanks for all of the tips.

Comment

Working...
          X