X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Room ideas?

We are adding a section as an all dark rooms:
    we have 3 rooms to make "scenes" in the dark and our ideas are
    Room 1 all blackout out all you hear is whispers and feel cobwebs etc.
    Room 2 Dot Room Dots come alive
    Room 3 trying to think of a show stopper room in the dark or closest to dark as possible to give the BIG SCARE.
    Any ideas?

Personally I would end with the blackout room.

Perhaps start with a room where there is dim lighting and while they are in the room it shuts off and they must find their way into the next room (your dot room)) and then send them on into the whispers and cobweb room.
    ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Comment

I've been in a haunted house and went through a dark room where the actors had glow in the dark hands and masks on long sticks and were standing on platforms. As you walked through they swung the sticks around, making it look like they were floating and coming right at you.

You could also hang some glow in the dark objects from the ceiling that the actors could move.

Comment

We had a room a couple of years ago that was pretty cool. It was all black, very dark with a small penlight on a table pointed at a couple of freaky little dolls. The table was opposite the entrance to the room drawing them across to it. When they reached the middle of the room the actors hit a switch and turned on an overhead light and the room was filled with "monsters" who bumrushed the group and as they got close to them the lights switched off again, throwing the patrons in the dark and really freaking them out. The only caveat is having some way to show them how to leave the room 'cause many times they really freaked and didn't know where to run, so we ended up having to have someone with a flashlight pointing at the exit right after the lights went back out. It worked really well and was an extremely cheap room $$ wise. But great effect!

Comment

One idea i have been thinkin about is a room near the exit kinda dull and boldish so they wont be expecting a climax. Then quickly shut off everything in the room and close the doors. No light No music, no exit. just pitch black and dead silent. then from there do as you wish to scare them...

Comment

Good idea maybe we can have the chainsaw guy enter the room with a strobe.

Comment

hmmm just running a chainsaw in a pitch black room might be very scary especially when you're not sure where the exit is haha.

Comment

rshorts, love the idea I think I'll be incorporating it into one of our last rooms. We have been trying to come up with a new way to end. I get tired of the chainsaw to be quite honest.
                ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Comment

We have done many dark mazes. Our favorite one was called the clown room. As people entered the hall became real twisty. At the front of it we hung fish line here n there. Was also put little dolls on places on the walls . As people make their way around the get to this point that a sensor is tripped. A bright light comes on to reveal 20 demented looking clowns in various charging poses. But also some were rigged to move at same time lights came on. But the light is rigged to be onfor only 2-3 seconds. Then goes out. Guests make their way out. As they hit the last corner, we have one last clown with an air cannon also triggered. And small light illuminates it as swell. It was one our longest dark mazes and the most talked by customers on the way out.

Comment

Have A Really Dark Room

Which tricks those certain customers to pull out their cell phones and flashlights, then blind them (temporarilly) with a burst of light from a smal nuclear explosion.
                    "HA! Now what good does your little light do you?"
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

we are doing a dark room with a F.C.G. black light of course and a secret door with a actor in a snow gillie suit jumping out the test went great on my neighbor's wife. HAHAHA

Comment

I like that idea.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas we have figured out what we are going to but cannot reveal yet.

Comment

In my haunt our main dark/finale room was what we called the funeral. During this section of the haunt we had a tour guide who led a group into a dark room with several chairs on both sides of them with people sitting perfectly still staring up at a coffin that was open in front of the room. The only light was a flickering candle type light that the guide has. Piano music would be playing but a few seconds into the room heavy metal would start, strobes would come on, the coffin would slam shut, and all of the actors in the chairs would violently get up and go crazy, some throwing their chairs to the side. It def. caught the guests off guard and received alot of positive feedback as the best room in the haunt.

Comment

Working...
                            X