Claustrophobia DIY concept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claustrophobia DIY concept?

Ok we are thinking of another way to make a non working claustrophobia room. I know we can make walls move to feel shrinking. What if we can put up fabric on the walls filled with something to give a claustrophobia feeling? We were thinking like bouncing balls etc or something to fill the walls and make u feel squished.

This might be slightly different than you're thinking..but I went to a haunt in Maryland once and it was a really great claustrophobia feeling. They did it with a hallway in almost complete pitch blackness and the roof/walls got slightly more narrow/lower as you went down it.. it was a pretty long hall though and it had a few twists. They had an actor on top of the roof in the hallway and the ceiling had some slight openings where he could put his face up to and whisper/slam the ceiling and it was a really good tactic.

As with anything it's hard to truly explain the experience on a forum, but hopefully this gives you some sort of idea. It's not exactly a room but hopefully it helps somehow. I'm not normally claustrophobic but this really freaked me out.. being in complete darkness doesn't really help when you can't orientate yourself.

Comment

we are going to be doing a very long very dark hallway that gets tighter and tighter as you walk through it. Also further into the darkness will be fishing wire hanging from the ceiling and of course actors whispering creepy things and reaching their hands through the other side of the wall. to creep people out. It's a pretty good tactic. At the end of the tight hall is a very tiny door that they must squeeze through and into a room barely big enough for the group (we limit our tours to around 5-6 people per group).
      ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Comment

only one like it anywhere....

We designed our own clausto hallway. Every one I have seen or heard about is a straight hall. Ours is in the shape of a J and is right at our exit. It goes forward 6 feet, turns left 4 feet, turns left again 4 feet.

They go wild trying to make it through. If anyone chickens out they are let out a door that bypasses it.
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

How did you accomplish this task? You made the walls narrower? I am not understanding how you made it claustrophobic.

Comment

Dead end,
            There is a product from Oak Island entertainment that is called "clastrophobia". Look it up. Its basically two big airblown pillows, one on each side of the hallway. I believe they are made of rip stop vinyl, its similar.
            Its a great product, and no need to reinvent the wheel, order one. Or if you need a custom then make your own. Keep sanitation in miind as well as how it will affect your shows throu-put.
            www.Stiltbeaststudios.com
            http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
            X