No announcement yet.

Ohio road trip this wkd - where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio road trip this wkd - where to go?

Turns out I'm heading down to a few ohio haunts this weekend (from erie, PA). Has to be this weekend since it will be the only one I'm not working.

We decided to start at the Factory of terror, then head to the haunted schoolhouse and lab. We wanted to end with the fortress of fear, but they unfortunately aren't open this wkd. Was considering the Spooky ranch though, any opinions? Or heard anything about them? They have some newer haunts this year according to their website that sound fun. Or any other suggestions?

thanks.

If you're going to Cincinnati to see the Dent Schoolhouse, I would recommend going to Lebanon and checking out Springboro Haunted Hayride / Black Bog between Cincy and Dayton. I believe this is their opening weekend.

http://www.springborohauntedhayride.com/index.shtml

I would recommend the Scare-A-Torium but I don't know if they're open this weekend.

http://www.scareatorium.com/index.html
    http://www.bigscaryshow.com
    http://www.rabidbadger.org

Comment

Originally posted by RobfromErie View Post
      Turns out I'm heading down to a few ohio haunts this weekend (from erie, PA). Has to be this weekend since it will be the only one I'm not working.

We decided to start at the Factory of terror, then head to the haunted schoolhouse and lab. We wanted to end with the fortress of fear, but they unfortunately aren't open this wkd. Was considering the Spooky ranch though, any opinions? Or heard anything about them? They have some newer haunts this year according to their website that sound fun. Or any other suggestions?

thanks.
      Bloodview isn't very far from FOT and Akron School House.
      Brian Warner
      Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
      Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
      Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Check out Bloodview (I'll be playing there this weekend). Cornstalkers is a new one located not far from Bloodview (an outdoor haunt) that is also open.

I'm assuming the spooky Ranch is Rock'n R Ranch Spooktacular Nights? My family went there last year and had a good time.
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Dont forget... The worlds most EXTREME HAUNTED HOUSE - DEAD ACRES / HAUNTED HOOCHIE ( Pataskala Ohio )
          "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
          www.maliciousstudios.com
          "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
          http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Keeping it in the north eastern region of ohio.

I definitely know about dead acres, it's number 1 on my list to see. But it feels so far away.

Comment

To far away

wow... I talked to several people the past few years that flew in from California to see the show. They said it was worth ever penny and the best they had ever seen. The great thing about the Hoochie is that they have a deal with a hotel down the road.... not to mention the hotel has a free shuttle that will drive you back and fourth !!

If making the trip to see kickass haunts is the name then The Haunted Hoochie is gotta be in your game.
              "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
              www.maliciousstudios.com
              "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
              http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

Comment

Haunted hoochies is great if your in the east central ohio...columbus area....haunted farm is good...and scare a tourium...they all start this weekend...:grin:

Comment

Schoolhouse

Rob..

You made a good choice hittin up the schoolhouse n lab..
                  One of my personnel favorites....
                  its Dent on steroids
                  in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
                  www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

A fun Haunt that really gets you in the mood is David and Laura Lady's Horror Hotel in Chatfield (about an hour south of Cedar Point), Ohio. Unfortunatly they dont open until October 9th. Being that youre from Erie, PA thats not too far of a drive for you

Have Fun!

Randy

Comment

hey Rob,

I just sent you a private message. Please check it

Comment

Last Night Ravens Grin had tourists.

A Baseball player from Nicaragua and a girl from Japan and a load of very fun, imaginative, fun to scare people called "Carnies"!!!!
                        The first , slightest little thing I did to them saw them falling flat on their butts on the carpeted ramp, butt then, I have seen quite a few haunters react the same way! hahahah! Lots of fun!
                        The .50 cent, improvised "costume" strikes AGAIN!!
                        I have had customers think that I was another person working here when they see me in my "Costume", send me e-mails later complaining that I "lied" to them, set them up for the scare because I was not alone here! hahahha!
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by RobfromErie View Post

thanks.

Rob,

There are a lot of great Ohio haunts and hard to just pick a few. Went to a lot of places on the Midwest bus tour (even though I live in Ohio I dont get to see many due to being a haunt actor myself, and usually call 1-2 haunts "home" for a season).

• Factory Of Terror is great...HUGE (its in the guiness book now for longest)
                          • Schoolhouse and Lab have beautiful sets
                          • Bloodview is a fun one not too far from those 2 (I may also be playing there this weekend some time permitting).
                          • Spooky Ranch is what was formerly named Rockin R Ranch, went there on the Midwest bus tour and was also pretty good. Lots to see, and they already had some of the newest industry toys that had debuted at Transworld.
                          • Dead Acres/Haunted Hoochie - Have heard nothing but good stuff about this place and want to check out myself. Unfortunately missed them during the Midwest tour (even had tickets) due to my wife getting in an accident on the way down to Columbus from Cleveland to meet me, and having to drive back and check on her. Im actually thinking about going down to check them out tonight with my wife and some friends (@Badass I PMed you about that actually).
                          • 7 Floors Of Hell is also open this weekend. Lots of attractions and a whole fair/carnival type of experience.
                          • Ghostly Manor in Sandusky is also great fun, have been there twice this year already, and I believe they have added and changed more since I was last there even.

Too many others to list, but I know some arent quite open yet either. Let us know what you end up checking out!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                          -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Working...
                          X