X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple positions

Hey actors!

Question for you,

I'm working on my haunt layout (as far as positioning of actors is concerned) and I'm running short on actors this year. How do actors feel about having to move from sector to sector within a haunt? Is it too difficult to ask actors to move about and play 3 or 4 roles or should I try like crazy to get enough actors to fully staff each sector of the haunt (we have 9 sectors each with 2-3 rooms in them).

Also how effective is it to have just one actor in a room (we have fairly detailed sets so that helps).
    ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

It depends on the layout and theme of your haunt. If you have actor access halls and other passages that easily and quickly allow an actor to move from room to room undetected by the customer, than one actor can cover several areas. A good example of this is Ghostly Manor; in the summer they usually only have a small handful of actors working the haunt, but you would swear there were dozens of them.

In regards to theme, make sure the actors that are covering multiple areas match all the rooms (ex. if it is several medical rooms someone in scrubs can easily cover it, however an actor in scrubs would look out of place in a cemetery scene or clown room).
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
    sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Complaints, complaints!

"This is boring, standing , waiting to scare someone in the same place all night long."
      Next year I designed several places they could go between like gorilla warfare (Fun!)
      "This is too hard, moving from spot to spot just to try to scare someone."
      "Whaa, whaa, whaaa!"
      Find the fun, go for it, it will only be waiting for them if they seek it.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Try to find additional actors. If that isn't possible then I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to have them work multiply areas. How experenced are your actors? If it is a group of noobs it would be better to keep them as controled as possible until they gain some experience. How about you cut back on size? Would you rather be a small, detailed, well staffed haunt? Or a big, unorganized, empty, haunt?

Comment

Like stated earlier I would say it depends how the haunt is setup. And the overall energy of your actors. And their endurance level. It can get very physically taxing on them, busting their butts from scene to scene. I can't speak for them all, but I put all I got into every scare so the each and every customer gets a show.
          So take that into consideration. But I don't see why it wouldn't work. Many haunts use that and are very successful in doing so.
          Oh and experience is a biggy! I wouldn't say cut back but if your a brand new haunt and have all new actors definetly cut back. Or bust your butt to get more. Because they will either over stretch themselves and have to stop mid season, or not do it enough and not get any scares.

Comment

Working...
          X