Here is a good question-Waivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a good question-Waivers

Waivers......Who uses them and why are they good or bad???

I've been to one haunt here in MN that used these.

Mr. Haunt

Waiver....

Mr. Haunt,

There is a popular 'misconception' that signing a waiver will prevent or defer lawsuits. This is untrue. While a waiver in some instances can be helpful against legal proceedings, for most haunts it does nothing. The problem is that a waiver is a legal document. In most states legal contracts cannot be signed by minors. So all those teen signatures, worthless. Also is there a notary present to affirm that the adult names signed are the actual persons they claim to be? I would say at least 50 percent or more of the names signed are phony. Teens and adults thinking they are too clever for the owners 'preventive measures'.

Finally, even if all the above conditions could be met is it worded properly? The first thing an attorney will look to do is attack the actual document itself. Have you dotted all the i's and crossed the t's? They will look for loopholes. Remember nothing is iron-clad. Contract law varies state to state.

My point of view is they are a waste of time, resources, and energy.

Gahaunter
    Last edited by Gahaunter; 09-23-2010, 12:30 PM.
    Lee D. Sanders

Comment

I've been to the haunt that uses them. Total publicity stunt. "So scary you have to sign a waiver". So I could see the use if you consider yourself an extreme haunted attraction. But for most I think it would be overkill...

Comment

Working...
      X