Sock Masks, Bodybag Ent. and Screamline, Fun Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sock Masks, Bodybag Ent. and Screamline, Fun Stuff

So, when I touch clay with a sculpting tool, people weep! I wanted to post a nylon sock mask I have started and share my experience.

Having learned the technique from Josh Monroe, I am still enjoying the heck out of the technique.

Having purchased several slip masks from Bodybag Ent. and Screamline, I was excited to get home from Transworld and go at it.

Both companies have great slip masks and they are very easy to work with on the nylon and inspire character design.

If you have not tried one of these, you should.

I thought I would post pics of my Bodybag Bo nylon sock mask I have just started.

A few things I have had success with is using Salmon Eggs on Devils and characters I need to use bubbles on or puss sores. On this piece you will see how handy Twizzlers Peel and Eat Cherry Licorice is for veins.

The title of this piece is going to be "I Bleed for the Circus"

Enjoy!

Anyone else doing nylon sock masks just for the fun of it?

Also, has Josh Monroe opened up his Black Sheep website yet?

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/130/4...b5e104.jpg?v=0
    Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Looks good and tastes GREAT too!!!!
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Milk unit,
      For a really neat effect instead of using licorice use Livewire.

It's a very thin type of rope lighting that has a battery pack to power it, i"ll try and find the website for you.
      Anyhow you would use a spray adhesive to apply it, it is very shapeable, it comes in many colors. I would apply it with the adhesive and then run a very light coat of latex over to make it permanent.
      Light it up and you have actual light up veins!

Just a thought but it would run you another 30 bucks to do it.

Comment

Great idea with the live wire kevin!
        Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

very good ideas for veins...if you havent seen geoff becks video yet "haunting makeup volume 1" there is a makeup he does using different colored (blue and red) string or yarn for veins and when he gets done painting the makeup job it has a very translucent look to it so the veins look like they are just under the skin....great ideas though...creativity is the key to great makeup though so keep up the great work

todd poole
          screamline studios

Comment

I love da livewire

Oh yeah, Ewire or Livewire is awesome stuff.

I made a costume one out of those darn AOL Cd's that seemed to be taking over my mailbox and life. I melted the darn things in the oven to shape them into a mask and a suit. I then added glow wire to that baby to really bring that baby to life.

Love that stuff. Great ideas here!

Hey Todd,

What is Josh Monroe up to? Does he have his website up?

Also, Geoff's idea on the veining was utilized on this piece as well. It really does work good!

Now does anyone know a good place to buy clear latex in quantity????

Thanks!
            Mooo or Booo, what ever suits your fancy

Comment

Milkunit, talk to Jason Todd or Steve from Screamline and see if the have a heads up on what you need!

Comment

Hmm

Clear latex?

The stuff screamline has isn't really clear but if you put a thin coat on it.....you can see through it......

I make corpses with the latex.....put a coat on with tissue paper then add paint or colored latex, then put a coat over the top....it looks kind of translucent
                Gee could it get any better than this?

Comment

we have different grades of latex...the slush latex isnt clear....maybe semi translucent but not clear...truthfully i dont think they make a totally clear latex....the latex we have for makeup is a little thinner and dries a little more clear...we also have a sprayable latex used for airbrushing that is good too....you can probably get away with just watering down the latex a little....
                  thanks for the plug rob and ken...appreciate it....take care...
                  as far as josh monroe is concerned...i havent got a clue...i talk to him about once a month or so....last i talked to him he was doin good....i didnt ask about the website though....will bring it up to him the next time i chat with him...take care

todd
                  screamline studios

Comment

Here is Josh's Myspace profile, maybe you can hit him up that way.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=91857112
                    Steve Martini
                    Screamline Studios
                    www.screamlinestudios.com
                    steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

Be sure to post a pic of that puppy once you complete it!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X