Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this going WAY TO FAR??? READ THIS

http://phoenixvillenews.com/articles...5849786546.txt

We as an industry need to rally behind Randy Bates the President of our association.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Absolutly ridiculous.

"The suit also contends that the harm caused to the couple in the form of increased noise, traffic and activity during the run of the asylum would be greater than any loss suffered by the attraction."

You have to ride a mile in a bus to get to the attraction. How will there be more noise?

Comment

Absolutely crazy.

Randy does amazing work it's a shame for people like this to critisize an awesome haunt. Rediculous.
      *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

I've seen all the local reports on this

since I'm from THIS area, and I gotta say that these protesters are idiots. GO AFTER the State of Pennsylvania, the former workers, and others who didn't treat these poor people correctly and did not give them the care they so deserved. You don't hear anything about that. Just go after Randy Bates, who is trying to do something with this eyesore of a property. It's just sitting there rotting away, and here comes someone with a great idea to do SOMETHING POSITIVE with it, provide jobs, stimulate the local economy, etc, and he's met with all of these SAPPY losers who can't get over it. YES, IT WAS HORRIBLE what happened (back then). Bring to trial the guilty parties, Not the promoters of this event. Randy and your partners, I wish you only the best in this fight to open this haunt. Protesters, be damned !!!! Pennhurst Asylum, I support you 100%!

Comment

I suppose they'd rather vandals run around breaking into the place at night, or it be turned into an apartment or a hotel yeah that wouldn't create ANY noise what so ever.

This is outragous.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Wow, I am shocked, this is awful. Is there anything we can do to help?

Comment

I believe most of the plantiff claims are bogus. BUT, if they did not get the right zoning or permits he is in for a big disapointing ride. He should have done his homework if this is true.

smasters

Comment

On a more positive note.....

Providing that all the proper licenses and permits were done, and with someone of Randy Bates experience I can't imagine that they were not, this amount of promotion can be priceless. People who may normally NOT have come to the haunt, will now plan a visit just to see what all the brouhaha is all about. The couple that started this have really just added to their dilemma of traffic and noise by shouting from the rooftop.

In six years at our present location, our very best opening week-end was when we were openly protested by religious zealots with bull horns and signs picketing across the street from our haunt. We are located on a very high traffic highway that runs through our downtown, so traffic came to a crawl to check out the clamor. Several police cars with lights flashing were there directing traffic and trying to calm the protesters down. That night we did well, but the next evening we were packed to capacity.

Good luck Randy, and I have all the confidence in the world that this venture will be a success.
                http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

BTW....did everyone scroll down to read the other five articles on this story? Like I said previously...you can't BUY this kind of promotion.
                  http://www.theironkingdom.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                    BTW....did everyone scroll down to read the other five articles on this story? Like I said previously...you can't BUY this kind of promotion.
                    Yeah, when you search 'the phoenix chester county' the top article is a long PR piece on the haunt. The Asylum is already a household name but now the haunt will be as well. Anxious to see if the injunction stands. I used to have a home office in Chesterbrook, beautiful and affluent area.

This suit is obviously meant simply to be a business disruption based on the timing of it.

Comment

As the saying goes, "There is no such thing as bad publicity." Assuming permits are in place, this is marketing gold for them. People love rooting for the underdog, in this case a business under legal attack.

More importantly, how can this kind of impromptu guerrilla marketing be leveraged by other haunts? As Ironman pointed out, his biggest numbers were seen after a large protest. The media loves any gathering of angry people, so next year I may get my actors to go out and "protest" their own haunt. Create a buzz!
                      I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Comment

Is this going WAY TO FAR??? READ THIS

he should sue the couple 2, for the bs they are putting him through...take all there money and there home, so they have no choice but to work at the haunt,lol jay and yen

Comment

Some

Of the things listed in the article was exactly what I went through here in Huntsville. This is also the very reason I got such a late start this year. I fully can relate. Hopefully all will work out and many will get to see a great haunted attraction. Shane and its good luck! Shane this time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Repost of FB Fan Page

For those of you able to help, I found the following posted on the Pennhurst FB Page

"Hey friends!!! There's a hearing tomorrow at 9:30 am at the Chester County House. If you are free stop by and show your support for Halloween and Haunted Attractions. If you can't be there then send a letter of support to pennhursthauntedhouse@gmail.com. Thanks!!"

Comment

If its true he did not have the right zoning or permits theres nothing nobody can do.

PERIOD

Comment

Working...
                              X