No announcement yet.

Haunted House Only allowed to go Alone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's in Manhattan, you can do things theatrically there you can't do many other places in the world. It's between the Theatre District and SoHo, making it a cross between Sunset Blvd. and Tijuana, compared to middle America it may as well be Mars. I'm sure it's a success at least as they choose to define it.

Comment

Sounds like fun except Manhatten is infested with vampire lawyers, and waivers mean nothing when it comes to lawsuits. If they are properly insured, some slimy lawyer and his maggot client are going to take these folks to the cleaners. Or rather, sue their insurance company, and then the rest of us will pay for it in our premiums. Our legal tort system is out of control.
      www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

this place

does not sound like fun to me. I would avoid it. I go to haunted attractions to have FUN. Ya, I wanna be SCARED, but in a FUN way. This place ( I guess it's the "over the top" New York attitude) is not for me at all.

Comment

Below is pulled from a blog of a guy that went through it...Somehow it doesnt seem fun at all to me

"So here's what happens: You walk in, They give you a shot of whiskey (good so far), then they put a surgical mask over your face (uncomfortable). When I pulled it down off my nose so I could breathe a little better I was chastised. Then they put those plastic individual cuffs (that police use) on each one of your wrists. After an intimidating preamble, the guy gives you a flashlight (about 2 inches in size) that completely doesn't work and you're told to follow the path (basically white glow tape that's impossible to see). Since you can't see anything you are practically crawling on the ground to find your way. After many twists and turns, people seem to jump out of nowhere. You're grabbed, told to walk up and down stairs, THEN they bind your hands together (hence the plastic cuffs), put a burlap sack over your head (!) while grabbing at you some more (going up and down stairs), and generally freaking you out. I had to kneel. Apparently my friend Tyler had to bark. And then you just wait for what happens next. Crazy.

I was NOT prepared to have a burlap sack over my head and admit I had to "talk myself down" a bit as you were stuck waiting for a few minutes to be told what to do next -- which felt like an eternity. [too hot! can't breathe!] After pulling the bag and bindings off (GASP* thank God), you're roughed up a bit more, then walk through some weird maze stuff, until you find yourself in an enclosed Buffalo Bill themed room with a big "EXIT" sign over the opposing door. Of course when you go to open the door --it won't. And then you see that there's some crazy man/woman creature emerging from a rocking chair that you basically have to fight in order to escape. (There is in fact a smaller door, with a padlock. He has the key to the lock. and you have to get it from him. Oh, and he's naked from the waist done --[This is likely fake, though I admit i couldn't quite tell in the moment]). Then once you are able to get the key and let yourself out (which is sort of a physical battle), you crawl down this claustrophobia inducing weird tunnel type thing. Then it was over. "
          Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

No chance! .

How does one make any money on this attraction? The Through put has to be minimal and the reason people go to hunted houses is to have fun and enjoy seeing others reactions to scares. I know i am out on this one...
            http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
            sigpic
            "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

So let me get this there is a fully nude person male or female (most likely male) that touches u. Trys to "rape" you and tthats fun? That's what I call fun!!!! I should call my girlfriend up right now. Hey babe let's go to a haunted house so I can leave you and you can get felt up buy some nude freak! Ummm I don't think so

Comment

Space Aliens?

Will be experimenting on your body, stealing you away to their galaxy, or maybe their impala?
                Do they care about throughput or profit?
                No.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Wow, finally a haunted house that targets that long over looked niche market, the masochist. Those poor folk hardly get any fun.
                  We use to have a similar experience in my home town. It was a haunt that you walked through in near complete darkness with sheets upon sheets of black plastic. As you tried to get your breath in the clouds of chainsaw smoke people would jump out and whack you in the head. Good times....for a freaking masochist!
                  sigpic
                  Louis Brown
                  Owner, operator, and dish washer
                  at
                  DarkWood Manor

Comment

This is definitely an interesting experiment from a purely psychological standpoint. When is the last time you can honestly say you were disturbed or terrified in a haunted attraction? This promises to rip away the "strength in numbers" safety net that isolates us from true fear in your standard haunt.

By stripping the haunt down to its most basic and crude form, we can tap into previously unreachable areas of subconscious, visceral fear. But yes, it is weird.
                    I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Comment

I Don't enjoy That Much fear

As seen expressed by others.
                      Today at the grocery line check out two women began remembering their seperate experiences involving "Fear" as generated by the "Exorcist" movie.
                      One snuck out the house to see the forbidden movie and was more scared because the little cursed child's last name (The character's) was the same as her last name. The other woman saw the "Exorcist" when she was 12 and vowed to never see it again! blaming her feelings on being raised Catholic.
                      So the 2nd, 3rd and4th movies of the same title never got any of their ticket money.
                      How is your haunt doing at getting those dollars that next time?
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                      X