HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Padded Cell Asylim walls

1. Default Padded Cell Asylim walls 
    Brookings SD
    Hey Folks. Awhile ago i asked for some advice on how to build asylum padded walls. Thanks for the input!! Here is what I came up with.

1. 4x8 wall made from plywood
    2. 8oz. painters drop cloth cut to size
    3. A insane amount of commercial staples
    4. filler treated with fire retardent material
    5. detail to your desire

I liked the painters drop cloth i found at large home improvement store. it is made from canvas and looks pretty realistic i think. I tried a sheet but it looked like crap and threw it away. then I made "seams from staples at the 24" halfway mark and 32" and 64" down from top. this gave a pillowed look which is pretty close to what i saw on most of my research. I then stuffed with batting that i treated with flame retardent and stapled the edges. I then added some aging and a couple vents that I detailed. I will finish once I put in my location.
    this is by no way the cheapest way to do it, but I think it looks realistic. Especially once I get some lighting. The drop cloths were about $6 each. Hope this helps someone and thanks again for some of your insight.IMG_1373.jpg

2. Default  
    Ayer, MA 01432
    Very nice, will definalty use in my haunt this year. Great tips.

3. Default  
    Middletown, OH
    Another alternative is to use moving blankets. Some have a diamond pattern stiched into them.

Thread Information