Padded Cell Asylim walls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padded Cell Asylim walls

Hey Folks. Awhile ago i asked for some advice on how to build asylum padded walls. Thanks for the input!! Here is what I came up with.

1. 4x8 wall made from plywood
    2. 8oz. painters drop cloth cut to size
    3. A insane amount of commercial staples
    4. filler treated with fire retardent material
    5. detail to your desire

I liked the painters drop cloth i found at large home improvement store. it is made from canvas and looks pretty realistic i think. I tried a sheet but it looked like crap and threw it away. then I made "seams from staples at the 24" halfway mark and 32" and 64" down from top. this gave a pillowed look which is pretty close to what i saw on most of my research. I then stuffed with batting that i treated with flame retardent and stapled the edges. I then added some aging and a couple vents that I detailed. I will finish once I put in my location.
    this is by no way the cheapest way to do it, but I think it looks realistic. Especially once I get some lighting. The drop cloths were about $6 each. Hope this helps someone and thanks again for some of your insight.IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1374.jpg
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Very nice, will definalty use in my haunt this year. Great tips.
    Scareside Studios/ Haunted House

Comment

Another alternative is to use moving blankets. Some have a diamond pattern stiched into them.

Comment

Working...
      X