Room ideas that change your focus?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room ideas that change your focus?

What are some good room ideas that focus the patrons to a part of the room ceiling table prop etc. In reality this focal point has nothing to do with it and a prop comes out from another part of the room.

The list of possible ideas is almost endless. This is really what a basic scare is - a diversion. Have something that attracts their attention to one spot and hit them from another when they aren't expecting it. This is one of the things big props and animatronics are good for. Some of the oversized stuff may not really be scary but it gets them looking at it. Then you can have an actor or a simple scare come at them from behind or the side.

Comment

Lighting...

I agree that animations will distract, as a matter of fact that is a HUGE part of our show. I also strongly recommend mini-spot (Burt and Kim do a fantastic job and have a fantastic product, this is who I work with) and or any comparable lighting form. You can clearly highlight what you want to be seen in a room with this type of directional lighting and pin point (almost a pun lol) where you want the scare to come from while everyone is interested in the "shiny object".

Best Wishes,

Ethan Turon
      www.HundredAcresManor.com

Comment

In almost all of our rooms the goriest, most intracate and detailed props and actors are not the ones that do the scaring. Those things draw the attention to one part of the room and the actor hiding in all black with a simple mask is the one that actually does the scare.
        ~I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween.~

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
          What are some good room ideas that focus the patrons to a part of the room ceiling table prop etc. In reality this focal point has nothing to do with it and a prop comes out from another part of the room.
          If you can afford the extra actor I have done a head on a platter in the middle of a dining room he can sit there for a couple of seconds when your guest come in the room and the scare them by talking to them and then get the other scare on top of that.

Comment

Spur of the moment scares

Like when my Wife simply sat behind an old stuffed chair, waited til the people were in the room with lights on, then pushed the chair towards them, sliding along the floor!
            A very good distraction is making a room look very normal and well lit. They relax...THEN!
            Gotcha!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

There are lots of ways you can do this. You can use lighting and have the lights focus on one area of the room natural people think this is where the scare is. Some people put animatronics or strange look props. you can us 2 actors one is the diversion the other comes out of no where for the scare.
              Proud to be able to work at
              http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Thanks we have used a few ways to attain this effect.

Comment

Working...
                X