Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Go for it this year or wait? Your opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go for it this year or wait? Your opinion.

I have been working hard to get this thing done this year but am starting to have reservations. I have the building(I own it ) fire marshall is cool, about 10k invested so far, the layout, some props built and purchased, and walls built. I know I can have this open this year but.....It wont be what I want it to be yet. So what do you guys think? Do I open for my 10 day season (its my first year) or do I wait for one more year til it is more finished. I am guessing this is a constant work in progress and will hopefully get better every year. I know it will be better this year then anything around here so I am thinking open, see what happens, and learn what we will really need (test the market).Or do we wait a year and really blow them away next year? Any advice is welcome. Have a great day.
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

You could do a silent opening this year maybe just like 4 or 5 days and test your ideas and get feed back about your haunt. Just do not open if you think your haunt will not live up to your standards because this is what your guest will think your product is and if is sub-par then that is what they will tell there friends. And good luck with what ever you decide.

Comment

do like shane

Disturbia will open this year its not going to be what he wants it to be but he confider's it a teaser year and will work on next year.

Comment

OPEN. They wont miss what they have never seen and you could always keep adding each week or save new stuff for next year. good luck
        Ken L.

http://www.thedreamsofdarkness.com

Comment

I would not turn away customers!!!! OPEN OPEN OPEN

I think it's kinda cool that you have people itching to get scared!

Best of luck on what ever you decide!!!!!

Mr. Haunt

Comment

I would say open because honestly it will give you more ideas for next year.
            It will also give you a great chance to work out a marketing stratagy for next year, and get better feedback from your customer's because you will have time to talk to them. Consider it a soft opening and next year is the grand opening.
            Proud to be able to work at
            http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

I would suggest you open. Haunts that change a lot are very successful over time, and it sounds like you have most of the hurdles taken care of. GO FOR IT! Remember that your customers won't know what is missing if you don't tell them ;-)

- Ian
              -------------------------------
              http://www.fx13studios.com

Comment

Yep! Cool! We will open. thanks for the input. We will see what happens. I have pretty much ZERO competition. So I think you guy's are right ....They wont know if it's missing or not. However, i am going to try and really detail a few of the main rooms and make them tinkle in the final scene. Will keep ya updated.
                Chaos
                Capt.Chaos
                Fear Asylum Haunted House
                Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

Comment

I am in the same situation. I decided not to open til next year because I want it to be what I envisioned not an incomplete version. But, that's me.

Comment

Experience in the best teacher. Doing is always better than dreaming, especially if your doing what you dream about.
                    www.TerrorOfTallahassee.com

Comment

Working...
                    X