Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ravens Grin in CHICAGO MAGAZINE!!

October issue, page36.
    "I am profoundly uneasy-which is the point of a haunted house, but sitting in the pitch-black parlor of Ravens Grin Inn in Mount Carroll, Illinois, I'm thinking this is how horror movies start: A headsmackingly clueless woman wanders into a place that ends up being infested with chainsaw massacring psychopaths. This is the part where I roll my eyes at the movie screen because anybody that stupid deserves to have their brain eaten by zombies.....
    ........Suddenly I hear something skittering. Rats? Cockroaches? Rabid feral Possums? I'm pondering the increasingly alarming possibilities when Warfield turns on the lights and I see that the skittering wasn't Willard but Warfield shuffling around in a pair of fuzzy slippers.
    Stone walls swing to reveal labyrinthine passageways.Warfield's beloved Nosferato Santa answers Christmas wishes with a bit of ghastly animatronic humor. Each room is a combination of outsider art installation, musty theme park, and grisly freak show.............
    ,,, just a small portion of Catey Sullivan's article. She had sent me her website long before she came here and I was very impressed with her previous writing , mostly reveiwing plays, so I was very curious how she would "see" my house and of course what she would say. She seemed very nervous when she was here that night which could have been a bad thing (for me in the article) but she seemed genuinely surprised at the tour's finale that she had such a stimulating time with me and this house.
    Catey learned here that you really can't write ledgible notes in the dark in a haunted house, she had to call me the next day because of that.
    I eventually noticed a red "A" in the upper corner of the article with the word "Arena" under it. This meant I was considered "Arts & Culture"!!
    Better than "Darts & Vultures".
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 09-28-2010, 07:07 PM.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Congrats on the good press! Not that you needed it... Your place is already legendary!

Comment

Thank You!

.. but how many "legends" are 98% B.S.?
      hahahahaha!
      "?"
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Congrats Jim!
        Katie Lane
        Partner/VP
        Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
        sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Working...
        X