No announcement yet.

House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs?

Does anyone know whats going on with the House of Horrors and Haunted Catacombs in Buffalo NY? I knew there was an auction and Tim talked about a new location but there has been no new updates since. It would be a dissapointment if it was closed. Anyone here know anything?
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

I have heard nothing about this upcoming season from him. So I have switched haunts and couldnt be happier.

Actually theres a post on their facebook page saying check back in a day or two for news on the 2010 season.

I'd keep checking that for any possible info.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cheekt...bs/79175696735

Comment

Rumors Abound...

Greetings~

Rumors about have said that SUPPOSEDLY not only Has HC/HoH was not doing a haunt this year due to change of loaction.. as well as the auction that they did earlier this year.
      Last I knew from HC/HoH ( by thier own post here on the forum) they wer planning on goingto an ALL NEW SELF BUILT( for lack of better) location.. but i havent seen or talked to anyone as far as definates in that regard.

Also ( not meaning to Hijack the thread with something else) Dark Raven Manor is either no longer OR might have merged or helping or bgeing helped with/by Frightworld...(again rumors nothin substancial).

These are again JUST RUMORS that I have heard up in this area from people that I know have tried to get in contact either by telephone or by emails, that were looking for places to "get thier haunt on" ( Sorry to John from RFR had to use that phrase > ) for this season.

Hopefully some one from any of these haunts wil come on board and let us know what is goin on .. woudl be interesting to find out .. so we know( me and my crew ) know where to go to get a break from our own set up and "decompress" from our own set up.

We usually make it a point to hit the MAJOR haunts in the area ( Erie and Niagara County) before our night on Halloween.

And yes if we happen to be in the area of some Home haunters like ourselves we DO TRY depending on time frame to go to those as well in our travels. Depending on the day

~Jeff

Comment

Yeah I just saw that. I assume you work for Frightworld?
        Matthew Colton

Comment

Rumors about about Western NY Haunts

**** DISCLAIMER PREFACE *****
          NOTE THIS IS NOT MEANT A SLAM to any of these haunts. I have been all both of these haunts,religioulsy thru the years and have talked with the owners of each of these haunts, and have WORKED in one of the respective respective that I mentioned.. they ARE GOOD HAUNTS for our area.... these are just my obervations and what I have heard from people that have tried to get in contact either telephone e mail or in person.
          ****END DISCLAIMER******

Coaster~
          You said:
          Originally posted by coasterfreak63 View Post
          I have heard nothing about this upcoming season from him. So I have switched haunts and couldnt be happier.

Actually theres a post on their facebook page saying check back in a day or two for news on the 2010 season.
          As far as I have heard HC/HoH is NOT happening this year due to the auction and having to change places so quickly .. I COULD BE WRONG but that is what i have heard floating around..

Not meaning to totally Hijack this thread as far as other haunts .. but I HAD heard that FrightWorld has changed places .. from Sheridan Dr. to some where on the NFB.. and that Dark Raven Manor (DRM) has "merged" with them. As far as I know or have heard DRM is not with Scare at the Fair this year.

But that Scare at the Fair is still happening ..

We shall see what happens.

Those of us that are "WNY Haunt junkies" will know who is doing what .. especially if we have frequented these haunts for years or have worked at them

Either way WNY Haunters .. have a great season wether its for the month .. or for one night .. HAPPY HAUNTING

~Jeff

Comment

Finally the news is out! Unfortunatly they are not opening this year but the reason is so they can completely renovate the haunt. 6 haunts next year, thats SIX! Now that is intense. Here is the page http://www.houseofhorrorsmovie.com/HOH-2011.html
            Matthew Colton

Comment

Glad to see a formal statement out.

As for the rebuild it should be pretty awesome, the old houses were great.

As for the WNY 2010 haunt season:

Frightworld did move locations, but were just across the street from last years location in the Toys R' Us Plaza on the corner of Sheridan and Niagara Falls Blvd.

Dark Raven Manor has left final fear and has merdged with Frightworld and have brought over the Dark Raven Manor House and Raven Hill Asylum with them.

The 5 houses at Frightworld this year are: Revenge of the Mummy's Curse, Phobia'z, Wicked Woods, Raven Hill Asylum and Grind House.

Effects and actors from the dark raven manor house will be throughout all of the 5 houses this year.

The other haunt in WNY is Final Fear at the Hamburg Fair Grounds and consists of 4 houses:

Chaos in 3d, Wrong Turnz, Blood Type and Slaughter Haus 2.

Both Frightworld and Final Fear open this friday @ 6:30
              Last edited by coasterfreak63; 09-29-2010, 01:25 AM.

Comment

I am defiantly going to the opening night of Frightworld this upcoming Friday! Any glimpse of behind the scenes? Like is this really a turning point for the infamous screampark? Whats all the new stuff?
                Matthew Colton

Comment

Yes, I've been working with the crew all week trying to get the houses ready.

People are there around the clock making sure we have the best show possible for this year.

The new stuff is the whole Raven Hill Asylum, complete with the hellevator. Grind House is a remodel of the retired house of the dead, but with much more gore and detail. Instad of thinking of a house of zombies think gory house with blood thirsty killers.

All of the houses have completly new layouts and effects from the dark raven manor house spread through out the 5 houses. Which specific effects are in what houses youll have to find out for yourself .

Along with the Dark Raven Houses (Dark Raven Manor and Raven Hill Asylum) have come their managment and many actors.

It going to be a huge year here at frightworld, 2 new houses, new layouts for the other houses, the details are nothing short of amazing, there will be more actors than ever and its only going to get even better as the season moves on.

Comment

Yes! It's finally going to be absolutely worthy of the Hauntworld Top 13 for the first time in 3 years! I love the work of Dark Raven Productions as acting and sound go and Eerie Productions really IS one of the best set design groups in the industry even paying exquisite attention to lighting! So, here comes the WNY market...in 3-5 years we'll have FrightWorld, Fright Fest, HOH+HC with their permanently built houses, The Foresaken Crypt, Terror Technologies, Buffalo Badlands: Pandora's Box and possibly Transit to Terror! Ohhhh damn son, Buffalo might be one of the best Halloween destinations in the world in the near future! Wooooooooo! I'm going to post my personal update for BB...now!
                    Mike Cirrincione
                    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
                    MAC Productions presents:
                    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
                    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
                    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
                    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

Comment

While we are on the topic of Buffalo Haunts, maybe someone can clear a rumour I heard: Was a patron injured last year at Frightworld due to a huge prop falling on them? I also heard that this patron was suing Frightworld and the owner of the building Frightworld was in as well. True or False? Inquiring minds want to know....

Comment

Ive been with the crew and owners all week and heard absolutley nothing of that.

So most likely that didnt happen.

Comment

Opening night for Frightworld tonight! Coming to check it out. I am really excited to see what you guys did to the place. Oh by the way, whats up with the site? When is the final product going to be out lol
                          Matthew Colton

Comment

I have no idea whats going on with the site.

As for your visit im sure wicked woods seemed well a little unfinished and its because it was.

Alot of adversity today, water overflowing, lighting systems not cooperating, Wicked Woods loosing sound and finally not getting a single chainsaw to work besides one half way through the night.

Definitly a stressful night, most of the big problems should be fixed by tomorrow, and the houses will be where we want them to be by next weekend.

I have no idea when you came, but I was acting in Grind House with the yorick the skull cfx mask.

Comment

I saw you! You were definatly one of the scariest of the actors. It was a good show this year but I definatly caught some of the difficulties you guys were having. I was a little dissapointed with no music, no chainsaws and such but I am going again in a few weeks. Grindhouse was breathtaking. You guys have an awesome show going! Just a few more actors will make it perfect. Oh and by the way, when you scared us int he closet part you did a great job! My friend pissed himself pretty much. One last question, do you keep those huge flood lights infront of the facades of the houses all the time? You should make the lobby a little more darker
                              Matthew Colton

Comment

Working...
                              X