Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are giving away a Prize Valued at $2000 only to a Haunt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renowned success is an elusive thing in many fields of work, like art or advertising.
    When I was starting out here I developed a new fan who wanted to promote me AND she had a degree in such things too! Bless her heart, she wrote letters to every radio station, Tv station, newspaper in the Chicagoland area!
    Results :One phone call from a student radio station in some high school who never called back.
    Then someone comes up with a slogan for a beer and becomes famous overnight , the slogan being advertised for 20 years in association with that product!
    Most artists are struggling artists then a guy copyrights a yellow smiley-face and the rest is history.
    You never know?
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

This is so true, Jim!

I've never been one to follow the crowd. I always seem to find what I need or desire from elsewhere. I don't know about all the mega haunts, but Jen has helped me tremendously without all the big name backing.

Comment

Well, MD King, because she is good at marketing doesn't mean she can organize a haunt. That is like saying to an actor of a film, why aren't you directing it or making the props? Everyone has what they are good at.

As for Art/Advertising and Design...like I said, I work in that field, everyday. And we create slogans, ideas, promotions, media packets, designs, commercials and more.

It isn't that it doesn't work...its you need to find people who are good at what they do, know how to specifically target your audience, customers, age group and also the best ways to market you.

Just because someone has a degree in something doesn't mean they are good. Like your help on your event Jim. She wrote letters etc. Well, those methods never really work. Ever.

Now I am not a pro, or the best either. But I will say, if it didn't work....then 90 percent of everything we buy, sell, have in our homes, clothing, radio commercials, sales and more wouldn't be here.

Think your memborable commercial. Something you always remember, marketing was there. And even the crud commercials like "Head On" I hate that ad but we all know Head On.

So you make valid points, but also need to look at what it really does from people who have been proven successful in the Marketing, Advertising, and Design field.

Well, nothing left to say..."San Deimus High School Football Rocks...Wyld Stallions"

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
        http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
        "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
        http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Working...
        X