rain rain go away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain rain go away

so after busting my ass at the attraction and hoping and praying since last season(which we were rained out everyother weekend i may add) for no rain and a stellar year OF COURSE on opening night we are rained out. this is getting rediculous! it didnt rain all of september and now it does. thank god its a thursday and this weekend and not towards the end on our biggest nights. please everyone join me in an anti-rain dance so we ALL have a great prosperouse DRY! Haunt season.

Tim
    Tim McCall

Rain Rain...

Ogre~

I know the feeling .. we were SUPOPSED to get things built this weekend for our home haunt.. but the rain has put a "DAMPER" on what we can and can't do...

with the tourism season for us winding down.... all ive got is weekdays .. and some weekend nights.. to help to do work outdoors.

and even then when i think i have the night off to do haunt work .. it doesnt happen..

but I have a good crew that is willing to do what it takes to get thins done.. we usualy have stuff set up and ready to haunt .. a week or so ( if not less) before we go "public" ...

and it seems like every time that we want to do things its raining or otherwise inclemate weather..... it sucks

but the haunt WILL go on .. no doubt about it .. rain or shine ... Unless of course we get the freak ice torm we had 3 years ago here in WNY ... then of course it makes it all messed up....so far it looks like we will have semi decent weather for Halloween.. ( our only day we do the haunt) so lets keep fihngers and bones crossed that the weather stays good ..

Happy Haunting .
    ~Jeff

Comment

We're looking at the same issue. Tomorrow is supposed to be awful rain all day up until 5 o'clock and we have our fingers crossed that it doesnt flood our house!

Comment

friday (october 1st) by 1:30pm here in the philly area

all of this mess will be gone. should be a good night for haunts around here. good luck!

Comment

It sure sucks when you put all the effort into this sh-t and the weather takes the wind out of your sails

Comment

I know it isn't feasible for most haunts... but it would be neat to plan an event that is just as, if not more, successful in the rain or inclement weather.

Imagine pushing your way through the woods, the rain pelting the tiny umbrella you are clutching. Your eyes strain to see through the watery darkness, unable to discern shapes through the choking fog that envelops you. Was that a shape off to the side, or just the weather? Sounds like a blast!
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Comment

Working...
            X