Attendance so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance so far

I've never posted about attendance but I feel, for the first time some urgent need to feel out what's going on in Southeast Michigan. We opened with a bang, 700 people, not too bad. Friday, last night 77 people. This has never happened. The police showed up at the haunt looking for people. They said the entire community was gone, locked up at home or somewhere. The police thought they would at least be of some use to us, being there was nothing going on in Adrian and they found the same problem. Granted they didn't stay long but they told us the cops were also astounded that the streets were vacant.

Digging deeper I found more homecoming games than I've ever counted that were happening locally. I'm hoping that's the case. 77 was the worst first weekend in October I've ever recorded.

Q: Is anyone having the same problem? I've done all my publicity the same as last year. Economy, yes I do know we as Michiganders are all suffering but we were suffering last year too and had good numbers. I'm spooked by this.

do not worry! Friday nights are always football games. Tonight will be MUCH better =)

Comment

We have an ungodly amount of high school football

NIGHT games on fridays around here also. (eastern pennsylvania). I can only imagine what happened around here to haunts with all the damn RAIN we had here for the past 2 days as well. (especially with hayrides). Though no reports have come in as of yet on this forum from this area, I wouldn't worry. See what happens tonite (SATURDAY). I'm sure you'll be fine. Send some of your promo people out to some of those high school games with flyers promoting your event. (can't hurt). Good luck, guys !!!!

Comment

Attendance

Well Saturday came and it went out with a wimper. 200 people. Been doing this for 16 years and these numbers are new, lower. But all said everyone I talk to is saying they are not thinking Halloween. We'll have to see. I'll let the community here know how we are doing so we can all learn just what's going on. The show is great and everyone is having a fun time so we have that part down pat.

Good luck everyone. I wish us all a great season.

Stu

Comment

early yet.

hopefully, the 700 you had last week and the 200 you had tonight will each tell at least on friend, and BANG !!!! you're gonna be packed..... Seems like us haunt fans are psyched for halloween all year, but "REGULAR PEOPLE" still need a week or so to get into the mood. Don't worry, if your haunt is great, people will show up (even by word of mouth and REPEAT customers). We all know it's a tough nut to crack. All of the work, planning and $$$ spent all year for 4 weekends.. It's tough out there. Hang in there, man, it's only gonna get better. Wishing you only the best of Luck.... Chuck

Comment

Horrible for us. My fist year solo as a pro haunt owner. We are in a mall. Had about 35 peolple Friday and about the same Sat. We did not market real aggresive, but not bad. FAcebook, some radio adds,handed out about 4000 cards with bring 2 paying customers and get in free. Don't have any sigs out yet, but will next week.

The people that did got through have all said it was good and we did have several that got to the first room and went back out. Did not think it was THAT scarry.

The last 7 years or so I was a partner in a haunted barn, but the guy that owned the barn moved away, so I decided to try to keep it going and secured the mall location. We have always been slower the first weekend and Fridays are always slower than Sat, so I thought we would make it up on Sat. We genrally had about an average of 200 a night.

When we made the business plan I thought an average of 100 a night was realistic.

Glad I did not spend too much on this thing. Did not spend much with marketing, only hired 5 actors at min wage for 5 hours a night and the mall was atrade deal, so that was free, did pay 650 for insurance and about 3 grand on wood ect. Had some props and stuff from the barn and already had sound and lighting. So I am hoping to atleast cover the actors, insurance and the 3 grand I have into it. Not looking good though.

Comment

Our numbers last weekend were significantly down from last year. So far this weekend, we are a little down each night. This weekend was much better than last however. We have had great word of mouth and awesome reviews already so we hope to make some of it up over the next 4 weeks and finish strong! I think in the end our numbers will be about the same as last year.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
              Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
              www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
              1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Our numbers here in St. Louis are UP UP and UP! We are thrilled and excited. Considering last year we lost like $300,000.00 due to rain and the economy we are hoping for a great year. We had to borrow a couple hundred thousand to get open so we are in debt and have all our chips on the table this Halloween. We have spent more money opening our haunts than ever before...

We've had nothing but great response to our haunts and couldn't be happier. I will tell you this and Im not making this up but Hauntworld.com
                has sent MY website scarefest.com more traffic than bing.com its my third highest referal website to google, and yahoo.com

So far Hauntworld has sent me about 3200 hits, HauntedHouseOnline.com has sent about 560 hits, Halloweenattractions.com about 300, and the list goes on and on...

For me guys its all about driving traffic to your website if you don't already you should have a banner on hauntworld.com.

Email Patti quick... blacklightminigolf@sbcglobal.net
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Western MA attendance

We were rained out Friday but we got stuff rolling on Saturday. After setting up, we found a line waiting for us. A normal opening weekend for us is 800-1000 people, last night we put over 1200 people through with very positive feedback. Plenty of people were screaming and even a few were crying. We had major issues with vandalism on our Nefarious animatronic as well as a couple other problems. Despite all the issues, our show is up and rolling on a course to set attendance records. Our 20th Anniverscary season got off to a great start.

I hope we all enjoy a SAFE and successful season.

Dan Augusto
                  Owner Tombstone Productions
                  Monster Mash Screampark

Comment

ThE CRYPT

THE CRYPT in Hattiesburg MS . This is our 2nd year running .This friday was our 1st weekend open . We had a Great turnout . Scarded the hell out of everyone. We even had a guy about 40 years old pee his pants lol.

Comment

why do these assholes have to damage stuff

just because they buy a ticket, they think they can do whatever they want. Glad you had a great attendance, and hopefully your prop will be back in action. Calling for RAIN here in Philly area monday, tuesday, and wednesday. The flooding down here was TERRIBLE, but could have been worse. Hope you upcoming weekend is another huge success! good luck

Comment

We're UP drastically here at SCREAMPARK! Tonight we finish up two full weekends (Thurs.-Sun.) of operation and have already done a few thousand people! We've only seen ONE rainy night... and the COLD is just now setting in, and it's COLD!! Doesn't seem to stop the crowds though.

So far, this season is looking fantastic! -Tyler
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Ravens Grin Attendance

Same as the last five years seeing more old customers brining their kids here. Last night a group of 16 drove 2-1/2 hrs. to get here, Mom, Dad had been here 15 years ago and the Dad told me" I haven't changed a bit !" (I hope he meant this in a good way!)
                          I finally shifted gears last night and got in an October setting, mentally.
                          Impress your customers and they will return and advertise for you for years.
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Up here in Northern Michigan our numbers are down by about half....we are getting the same story from everyone...that it just doesnt feel like fall quite yet, so we have our live radio remotes scheduled for next weekend and are hoping for a huge turnout for the rest of the season.....good luck everyone who is starting out slow!!!

Comment

First 2 Weekends

The Haunting in Michigan has been in operation now for 16 years, enough time to see trends. I'm sure there are pockets of good turnouts in MI but from our part of the world the crowds are staying home at least for now. Everyone is liking the new show and paranormal magic experience is doing great I mean all is well, the show couldn't be better tuned.

I'm hoping for us all that people start to come. The first 2 weekends have yeilded about 1000 people so far, it should be about 1500-2000 by now. But most people I talk to are saying the same thing fall and October creeped up on them way way too fast. I think this coming weekend everyone will be mentally ready for it.

Good luck all.

Comment

Working...
                              X