No announcement yet.

Attendance so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are up about 15% on Fridays and Saturdays, down about 50% on Sundays. That's a trade off I'll gladly take. I think that Sunday crowds can be contributed to the economy.

Just a wild guess about Michigan, but you guys have been slammed by the economy more than most and your State govt. seems to make things worse, every chance they get. That is a shame, because there are some great haunts in Michigan. I hope things get better for you.
    www.haroldshaunt.com

Comment

Originally posted by myhaunting View Post
      I've never posted about attendance but I feel, for the first time some urgent need to feel out what's going on in Southeast Michigan. We opened with a bang, 700 people, not too bad. Friday, last night 77 people. This has never happened. The police showed up at the haunt looking for people. They said the entire community was gone, locked up at home or somewhere. The police thought they would at least be of some use to us, being there was nothing going on in Adrian and they found the same problem. Granted they didn't stay long but they told us the cops were also astounded that the streets were vacant.

Digging deeper I found more homecoming games than I've ever counted that were happening locally. I'm hoping that's the case. 77 was the worst first weekend in October I've ever recorded.

Q: Is anyone having the same problem? I've done all my publicity the same as last year. Economy, yes I do know we as Michiganders are all suffering but we were suffering last year too and had good numbers. I'm spooked by this.
      I hit up The Realm of Darkness in Pontiac on Friday and The Scream Machine in Taylor Saturday. Not sure if it was cause I got there close to open around 7-8pm but both those had surprisingly short lines. Not sure what the cause was.

Comment

We finished up the weekend strong with one of the busiest Sunday's I have ever had at this location. I think the rest of the season will be extremely busy for us. We had customers drive 3 hours from Ohio last night because they had heard about our haunt this year. When they got out they made a point to come over and thank us saying it was well worth the drive. We are gettig better word of mouth this year than ever before. We are so excited about this year. 4 weekends to go!

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
        Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
        www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
        1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Our first day was last Friday and every indication is pointing to us having a great year. Don't frett the slow starts, they will come.

www.ArxMortis.com

Comment

At the Valley of Fear we were closed thursday due to rain. friday we were a bit worried bc it rained all day thne around 4 it cleared up and was beautiful. we were very steady. saturday we had a record breaking opening weekend saturday night. it was crazy and we got rave reviews. sunday was slow bc of rain but overall a great weekend. cant wait for thursday to come to get back to haunting.
            Tim McCall

Comment

We had our second weekend that started with rain but ended way up from from last year and the weather looks good for the upcoming weekend. D man lets keep our fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
              X