Mirror Trick- I worry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirror Trick- I worry

I'm helping some friends in lafayette la with there little home haunt and was wondering if some one could give me some feedback. Were going to be doing an old trick that places an actor in a table with two mirrors at 45 degree angels below the table so that when you approach and see under the table it reflects the walls and looks like there is no bottom to the person.

The thing is that there doing this outside in there nice big car port. Were going to make the thee wall box with open top for a better darker reflection so thats not a problem. What I fear is light from passing cars might have problems on the illusion effect.

Any one ever tried this outside ?

Can any one think of other problems ?

Thanks!
    ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
    ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
    ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
    ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

It will most likely cause problems. That's the thing about many of the props/effects in haunts: they are illusions. In order to make them work, you have to control the atmosphere. Whether that's the angle of view, the amount of light, how close someone gets to the prop or whatever, you have to have control.

Maybe you can box it in somehow to countrol the light. I've never seen one of these in person, but don't the viewers also have to be back a ways for the effect to work?

Comment

Originally posted by darkXmoon View Post
      I'm helping some friends in lafayette la with there little home haunt and was wondering if some one could give me some feedback. Were going to be doing an old trick that places an actor in a table with two mirrors at 45 degree angels below the table so that when you approach and see under the table it reflects the walls and looks like there is no bottom to the person.

The thing is that there doing this outside in there nice big car port. Were going to make the thee wall box with open top for a better darker reflection so thats not a problem. What I fear is light from passing cars might have problems on the illusion effect.

Any one ever tried this outside ?

Can any one think of other problems ?

Thanks!

The old head on the table illusion can be done in you carport but you do have to limit the there viewing angels and you do need 3 walls, Back and each side all need to be alike. so it really should not be a big deal. If you need any more info pm me.

Comment

Thanks guys. I just wanted to do some thing different for the trick-or-treaters. I was going to have them get close to let the girl hand out the candy but I don't think thats going to happen. We are going to give a little show of a fake tarot reading. I will probably leave about a 3 foot distance.

What if I just made the table bigger and pushed the mirrors in ? This way they could sit closer and still have an effect . Think it would work ?
        ~*~How is a raven like a writing desk ?
        ~*~*~There both the perfect tools for picking at the brain.
        ~*~*~*~An my favorite game you ask ?
        ~*~*~*~*~ Raven on the desk of course.

Jessica Ward

Comment

Working...
        X