Worst Haunt Ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that was extremely creative use of black plastic
    in order to see the orchestra ...you must turn your back on the crowd...

www.HAUNTEDHOOCHIE.COM
    www.DEADACRES.COM

Comment

Another 2 cents... I thin i'm up to 4!

I don't think that calling a haunt unsafe or dangerous is bashing. I think it's responsible.
      The review on here was about the waste of money and how not scary it was.
      Both - really don't have a purpose on here, unless the owner/operator/manager is here to take advantage of all the expertise that the people on this board possess.
      In my conversations with people, it sounds like this haunt has a case of the "anyone can do a haunt" disease and needs help, charity haunt or not.
      Just because they are raising money for charity, doesn't excuse them from living up to the name "haunted house." The fact that they are charity, would encourage me even further to talk to them i person.
      I think we need to help those haunts who don't quite get it, by saying "here's why you're not scary enough and here's how to fix it."
      Vendor bashing, despite the fact i think it causes arguments more often than not, belongs here, because it's an industry wide issue, not a local issue. These reviews, like movie reviews, help you find out where to spend your money without hassle.
      i'm just saying...
      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

I think this is all crap. Let people do what they want it do.

If its not to your expectations then who cares as long as the people who created it are happy. Get a life and worry about your own crap

smasters

Comment

Let me chime in... personally I don't think its in bad taste what so ever to expose a REALLY REALLY BAD haunted house when those haunts are charging the same as you or myself, clearly out to make a quick buck, false advertise especially when they say they are the best in town. Its almost always the new ones some moron trying to make money on the awesome industry we've all built up... I personally get offended that these people try to ROB people with false claims and take shots at haunts in yoru area trying to make a quick buck. I'm not offended not at all.

However on the flip side any haunt can suck one night and be awesome the next ... what makes that haunt suck because of a bad performance by the actors well I can look past that but or is it because the haunt just sucks with no money invested, unsafe, false advertisement, blah, blah...

I would never say a haunt sucked because the actors did bad I will always base my opinions of marketing they said this and it was really that... place is unsafe, no effort just a money grab.

Check this out... these guys in my city opened a haunted house look at this and YOU TELL ME should they be charging $20.00 same as the Darkness, should be they saying they are the scariest haunted house in town, blah, blah...

YOU TELL ME should this haunt be exposed are they a money grab do you think there is any chance they will make it, do you think people say anything other than they feel ripped off??? You can't let these haunts slide because this hurts our industry.

http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...hedred23/drip/
          Larry Kirchner
          President
          www.HalloweenProductions.com
          www.BlacklightAttractions.com
          www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
          www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Because all it takes is one little accident and the whole industry is screwed...If it is unsafe then by all means we need to take the initiative to help them make it safe. The review that I read was just bashing it not saying it was not safe but instead saying it sucked and wasnt scary...That is what I have the problem with...not that fact that it might be unsafe...hell weve all been thru unsafe haunts before and wondered how the heck they get away with it
            Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

I visited the haunt in question while they were constructing it and I really think your comments are undeserved, especially since you didn't give specifics that the owners could actually use to try to improve their haunt. It's a temporary charity haunt that is put together by two young men that have managed to open their own haunt at an insanely young age.

Is the haunt at the level of detail like Netherworld or DreamReapers? No, but it is a young haunt that is slowly growing and expanding. If you felt so unhappy about the money you spent, talk to the owners about your issues with their show.
              Katie Lane
              Partner/VP
              Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)
              sigpic

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Comment

Oh snap this entire thread was about your haunt Nick?!?!?!

I know two things that aren't true. Nick wouldn't make an unsafe haunt first and second he is younger than me and has a better haunt than I do(nothing ). I've never been to his haunt but I can tell you that alot of my beliefs on haunts and how to do them right come from Nick.

PS. I like the new name Nick
                Its A Verbal Orgy on Steroids!

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                  Check this out... these guys in my city opened a haunted house look at this and YOU TELL ME should they be charging $20.00 same as the Darkness, should be they saying they are the scariest haunted house in town, blah, blah...

YOU TELL ME should this haunt be exposed are they a money grab do you think there is any chance they will make it, do you think people say anything other than they feel ripped off??? You can't let these haunts slide because this hurts our industry.

I don't know Larry, give credit where credit is due...
                  the background on their "photobucket link" has colorful stuff on it. More color than the haunt has (according to pics from the photo bucket link provided).
                  That could be a sign of effort. nahhhhhhhh
                  LMAO
                  Last edited by Tom; 10-07-2010, 12:21 PM.
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon
                  WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

@fear experience - you shouldnt get so upset about that guys review, hes one customer in a very big market. Ive lived and haunted in the cleveland area my whole life and have seen my fair share of less than great haunts and terrible owners and i can tell you unequivocally that everyobe i know in the area as far as haunt talent supports you and what u are doing.

The OP obviously didnt give much thought to his original post and everyone here quickly took him to task about it.

I personally plan to come out to your haunt to check it out if for no other reason but to support you (im not super old, but old enough to be able to appreciate what youve pulled off at a relatively young age). Ill give feedback to you if youd like, no bashing involved, just thoughts that will give you an honest non-judgmental customer opinion. Im sure others would do the same for you as well.

Bottom line, those that are happy...rarely speak up..but those that are unhappy about something will yell at the top of their lungs. Its the old "if you give one person good customer service,one other person may find out. If you give one person bad customer service,ten people will find out" adage.
                    Keep doing what you're doing....one bad review isnt worth your breath.
                    In the Shadows...We are Legion

Comment

To Undertaker

I really, honestly wouldn't worry about this post hurting your haunt. And don't take offense (as hard as that is) to the words spoken here. Customers are gonna show up at your haunt no matter what anyone says about it here (trust me - there are haunts that are bashed and are awful and makes a ton of money)
                      The problem with this forum is that everyone cares ALOT about the industry and that breeds great passion! With great passion comes very, very strong opinions.
                      Be confident in your haunt, and learn and grow from both good and bad comments.
                      On a cynical note, you can't always believe what people say when they come out of your haunt. In general, whether it's a good time or not, they will say it was good because it's easier. I've followed people through our haunt - they screamed and laughed, but told us we sucked as they left. And there were those who said we were awesome at the end, then as they walked away told their friends we sucked. Who knows? LOL
                      Just stay true to your vision, do the best with what you have, and go for it with all you've got. Develop a tough skin, take in all advice (using what you need) and remember to keep the customer in mind when you design your haunt, and you will go far!
                      Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Comment

Forget it all...

Your feedback will tell the tale....(I check mine as well....)
                        If you get good feedback, don't look back. (but look for improvements/changes in the future)
                        If you get bad feedback, learn from it and make it right. (I don't think that's the deal here)
                        Feedback from your patrons tells the story....
                        End of story.
                        Tom
                        Creator of the Dungeon
                        WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

I went to a place.............

that charged $25 bucks to get in. ( a local haunted attraction) It was stuffed with wal-mart and k-mart props. Not one animatronic. NOT ONE ! Lousy actors (only a few) we even saw the SAME actor changing masks and running between the rooms to the NEXT scare, that's how short-handed on help this place was- or- was it just general cheapness on the owner's part to SAVE $$$. (who knows?) I was EXTREMELY dissapointed, and would never reccomend this place or ever go back there again. Fool me once, shame on you. fool me twice, shame on me. I was pissed because they got my money and ran with it. NEVER AGAIN. As I recall, the place is STILL open. Live and learn I guess. You don't have to be a HAUNTER to know if a haunt SUCKS or not. I'm not sure I agree that posting it here is proper either. I guess if a haunt is bad enough, people will just stop going. This place I am speaking of is STILL OPEN. Has it gotten any better (in my opinion)???? Who knows? Remember as someone once said, "There's A Sucker Born Everyday". I did however tell everyone I knew not to go there because it was a ripoff. (in my opinion) I've been to the Bates Motel. (enough said!) The best haunt I have ever been to. Nothing else in this area compares to it. So, I know something about QUALITY and VALUE and bang for your buck in a haunted attraction.

Comment

Hey Fear Experience!

Just seen you on TV (news5). Great job! You kids are doing a good thing here.

Smasters

Comment

As I have said before..

Being open all year, we basically see almost no azzwhole customers the rest of the year and very few the rest of the year that will be as stupid and demanding as the ones we see in the fall.
                              The "Winner" this fall so far is the woman arguing with my Wife on the phone telling her we are in Savanna, instead of Mount Carroll! ? As if WE don't know where we are located or are telling her a lie.
                              Sort of like the person that asked:"Is all of this cave underground?"
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                                Let me chime in... personally I don't think its in bad taste what so ever to expose a REALLY REALLY BAD haunted house when those haunts are charging the same as you or myself, clearly out to make a quick buck, false advertise especially when they say they are the best in town. Its almost always the new ones some moron trying to make money on the awesome industry we've all built up... I personally get offended that these people try to ROB people with false claims and take shots at haunts in yoru area trying to make a quick buck. I'm not offended not at all.

However on the flip side any haunt can suck one night and be awesome the next ... what makes that haunt suck because of a bad performance by the actors well I can look past that but or is it because the haunt just sucks with no money invested, unsafe, false advertisement, blah, blah...

I would never say a haunt sucked because the actors did bad I will always base my opinions of marketing they said this and it was really that... place is unsafe, no effort just a money grab.

You get over there an help those people! They are your neighbors Larry and you know what they say about neighbors. Get a phone number and call them up and offer your services. Do it NOW! Your fantasy roster can wait a few minutes.
                                Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                                X