Need some suggestions for a costume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some suggestions for a costume

I have not shared my storey line with anyone on this forum, but I thought I would share a little for now.

My maine charactor is the " Boogie Man ". I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas for a custume?

I am looking at some sites, but your help is good.

Mr. Haunt,

it's rather difficult to steer you in the line of a costume if we don't know more about the character. Think you could elaborate a it?

Comment

Ok

Every child knows who the Boogie Man is, and the monster under the bed. If you don't, I will tell you.

Who lives in your closet?

Give up?

The Boogie Man

The Boogie Man has haunted kids rooms for ages. Maybe even their nightmares. Who here never was affraid of the man in your closet or the monster under your bed? I know I was!

Comment

Mr. Haunt,

I KNOW who the Boogeyman is. He's been in several different movies including two that are self titled. However, again, it is difficult to suggest, at least for me, a costume that would fit into your theme for him.
        Maybe somebody else will have more luck.....

Comment

The Boogie Man visited my son today....
          he has a terrible head cold now and a
          nose full of boogies....
          now THAT'S scary!!

funning aside..
          how about the boogie man from Nightmare Before Christmas?

It seems that would be a simple DIY costume...
          Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

Comment

I think they would like you to tell them what the scene will be like. Will he be behind a wall or drop panel? Or out in the crowd, so a full size costume will be needed. Will it be dark, or with strobe lighting, or bright lights? If its bright lighting (or brighter than pitch black) than you need a really good costume.
            Slash
            "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Boogie men hide under the bed. SO, he would be covered with lint , cobwebs and such. I think his face would be dominated by a long, thin , ant-eater type of a nose, "hose-Nose", if you will?
              His chest would be rather flat (for fitting under the bed.)
              He might be wearing a smalll Captain's hat for when he encounters water beds.
              Things hanging from his body could be dirty underware (thrown and forgotten under the bed) Odd socks, an odd shoe, covered with webs and lint and hair.
              Then of course there is the coiled old bed spring sticking out of where his left eye used to be.
              The weapon of his choice would be a rolled up Playboy magazine from 1963.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Thanks

Thats a good one Jim, LOL!!!.

The set he will be in is called the Boogie Mans Layer.

This is the end set scene for my haunt. I am thinking it will be well lighted. The actor will not be behined any walls. He will be in the same room as the people walking through. There will be some cage's that will have kidnapped kid's in them yelling for help.

It will kinda look like a studio type appartment. Small kitchen, bed, eating table, cages, and dome other effect's and prop's such as body parts.

Comment

Like in the murder movies his apartment should have some incriminating pictures tacked to his walls, like maybe a lot of pictures of extremely homely women. (Who all happen to look like him, except for the dress and the long hair.)
                  Are we having FUN yet?
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Any Boogieman of mine would have to be 8 foot tall, and scary as heck. hmmmmm who sells 8 foot tall boogie men, oh thats right www.bodybagging.com , www.screamlinestudios.com, and for even taller boogiemen www.gore-galore.com
                    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Lets get to the questions that count.

What does he look like or what do you want him to look like?

How does he move? Fast or slow?
                      See the thing is Mr Haunt, i have not seen the two Boggie man movies, i don't know what he looks like in the movie. Do most patrons know what he looks like?
                      We had a kid that had to do Jeepers Creepers, but only a quarter of the crowd knew who he was. So if your not basing him off the movie character then your making a costume based on a monster that nobody has really ever seen. Is he clown or zombie looking guy?

What is his costume. Cloak, Suit, long brown trench and so on, whats the make up going to look like? Prosthetic?
                      Props, this is a good one, maybe you could tell with what he carries. Big Hourglass with no sand in it. "Times up kiddies, Don't fall asleep or the Boggieman will get you"!!!

Comment

They key to creating a BoogeyMan is to never show his ( or her ) face.
                        If you want to make it have a face, encorporating animal characteristics into the creature would be cool.
                        Everyone has a different BoogeyMan, so it would be pretty hard to establish a universal one.
                        I think a black trench coat would be cool ,maybe vines coming out of some parts and weaving back in.
                        This would carry the man crossed with nature theme.
                        Have fun
                        www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Originally posted by PumpkinHead
                          They key to creating a BoogeyMan is to never show his ( or her ) face.
                          If you want to make it have a face, encorporating animal characteristics into the creature would be cool.
                          Everyone has a different BoogeyMan, so it would be pretty hard to establish a universal one.
                          I think a black trench coat would be cool ,maybe vines coming out of some parts and weaving back in.
                          This would carry the man crossed with nature theme.
                          Have fun
                          Nice i like it! The trench coat very distressed look, let them see a witch type prosthetic looking face but scrim out the eyes like you can see right through to his soul or whats not left of it. Thats why he wakes you up he needs to take your eyes so he can see again.

By the way Nice Sedgeway Rob! Smooth worked it right in.LOL

Comment

I see a prosthetic like this one:

http://www.screamteam.com/newpage/gaunt.htm

but maybey with long horns or some other sort of stuff ( sorry , most descriptive word right now ) coming out of the head.
                            www.HauntGraphics.com

Comment

Good

Good ideas, I like the picture. I think with this, a bit darker skin, sharp teeth, long black hair, big pointed ears, green eye contacts, and black trench coat.

Comment

Working...
                              X