Throughput in our Haunt......HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throughput in our Haunt......HELP!

ok so i have had large groups of kids like 100 or more getting bused in every weekend. this is good for us but our through put gets all screwed up and we end up with a conga line throughout the haunt. I was wondering what works better. separating groups at the beginning or stopping them periodically throughout the haunt. I have put into place a six slot type system in the cue line that holds a 4-6 person group. I will be implementing this on Friday in hopes that it will work. then we alternate the slots to mix up the groups of friends.

Also what size group is ideal? Right now we are running 4-6 people in a group, Last weekend we ran 6-8 and it was way to many if the groups joined.

WHat is an ideal time to let people through between groups? I am sure that this time varies from the amount of people you have in your cue line. I am just looking for the industry standard .

Please help, I do not want the experience in our haunt to be tarnished by a simple throughput issue.
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
    sigpic
    "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Why dont you do both have them split into groups at the beginning and tell them if you see another group or start to join up with them stop and wait alil bit...Tell them that its for them so they can get the best possible show. Then halfway thru resplit them if necessary, so they dont tarnish your haunt
    Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

your actors can help with this as well if they notice groups coming really close together they can scare the first group forward and make sure they scare the next group back this speeds up the first and slows down the second causing a little more distance. Some haunts only do forward scares to make sure people go through faster and increase overall throughput.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

We use 2 to 3 "regulators" spaced through our haunt. It takes good actors.

First, find something that fits your haunt that you can split the groups back up. We are a Haunted Hospital, so one of our regulator areas is a quarantine area.

It takes a good actor outside the quarantine area to occupy the next group without them knowing they are being occupied. And without breaking character. But its not too hard. So the room takes a certain amount of time to get the scene so it essentially spaces out the groups again.

Comment

Working...
        X