Something must be done about these rogue review sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something must be done about these rogue review sites

First off I am not bashing any reputable review site especially hauntworld. Every yr we run into problems with these local haunt review sites. They think they are some great salvation to haunters and control our industry or something. Most haunters I speak with despise them but are terrified of crossing them and getting bad press. I have crossed the line with them this yr and banned 2 sites from returning to do reviews for us and have received an unrelenting attack from 1. I discovered biased reviews being done for haunts that have paid a hidden fee and said enough was enough. No matter what we did we could never satisfy these guys so I dropped all contact with them. Has anyone else had problems with this in other markets and what can we do to stop it. Any haunts who don't back them get bashed so everyones afraid to do anything to stop it
    Any help is appreciated
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

I think there was a big case about a site doing something similar but not for haunts. They were sued for it. more and more people show what seems to be a lack of ethics these days. Forcing some place to pay or you will give them a bad review is basically a protection Rackett.
    Proud to be able to work at
    http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Even if you ban them from coming and reviewing your attraction, Cant they still get into your Google listing and Yahoo listing and leave a bad review....is there anything you can do about that...and yes ive heard of people doing that around here in Columbus. Also people say they are reviews just to get past the admission price
      Jesus loves you, but everyone else thinks you're an asshole.

Comment

Its gotten pretty bad everyone hates these guys behind their backs and love them to their faces. These guys go as far as to ask viewers to pay a donation to them to cover their gas so they can go see the haunts for free. While were at it I guess we should throw in dinner and a move. lol
        I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Comment

It seems that any jackass withan opinion and internet access can suddenly become a reviewer......There has to be something that can be done..

Comment

The only thing you can do about these kind of people is to put on an awesome show and ignore them. Every minute spent fretting over some "reviewer" is a minute not spent improving your props, cast, etc etc...

Word of mouth is our best advertisement, so if it is a quality experience they will come.
            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.

Comment

So are they "Killer Bees"? Or just "Wanna -Bees"?
              Don't let them give you hives! But then, maybe they Have walked a mile in your "shoes"?
              Ruining good shoes from liquid feces running down one's legs is not koser.
              Time to go barefoot.
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I really think this is serious enough we need to have some meeting on this at St Louis . Even if its a hand full of us meeting in the rest area of the show floor I feel we need to take a proactive stand. I know many honest people who try and contribute by doing honest haunt reviews because they love haunts and even they get a bad wrap from this. Maybe the torch should now be passed to hha

Comment

On your websites you should LINK the positive ones post them on your blogs as I have done on www.scarefest.com just last night in fact. Make the negative ones irrelevant. Do not allow them in your haunted house especially without the purchase of a ticket.

Lets get something straight even if some haunted house magazine guy wants to come through your haunted house make them pay unless they say they are doing a story on you and its set up in ADVANCE! LOL

You should create PRESS rules, like when they can come and how they can come and whatever else... don't allow some idiots to come to your haunted house claiming anything.

Here is the REALITY ... their sites get NO TRAFFIC so who cares???

Are they worth five cents if not who cares! IGNORE THEM 110%

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Larry your so right. Its just so easy to get caught up in a defensive whirl wind with these guys. We have banned them and are now attempting to avoid them. Just a few Days ago to show spite they had "do not attend x haunt as its a waste of time and money try other better haunts" After a few seconds of legal persuasion it was removed. These guys think they are the haunted industry's salvation and its just not true.

Comment

I'm Confused

Are these just local geeks that each community is forced to deal with or are we talking about people that travel across country and have some kind of national news influence. I haven't experienced this yet but then again I despise the media. If it's a haunt magazine I don't have a problem but after 20 years with the police department the everyday news media irritates the hell out of me. I would like to know who to keep an eye out for if someone could educate me.

Comment

Working...
                      X