25 must see haunts congrats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 must see haunts congrats!

I just saw Haunted Attractions 25 Must See Haunts and it's quite a list. I like the fact that there are some fresh haunts on the list and he actually visited dozens upon dozens of haunts and he selected his top list. These are some great haunts and I just wanted to say Congrats to all of you!

25 Must See Haunts 2010
    OCTOBER 2ND, 2010

The Must See 25 Haunts for 2010 is full of fantastic haunted houses that you MUST go see if you can! I visited hundreds of haunts and chose some of the most unique, complete, scariest and fun haunts for the list. The haunts were selected solely based on the quality of their shows. As always, I have no ownership or financial stake in any of these haunted houses.

We all have different opinions about what we like in a haunt, but we all know that the best measure of success lies in whether or not the customers scream, and each of the 25 on our list do just that.

1. House of Shock- New Orleans, LA
    2. Kevin McCurdy’s Haunted Mansion- Poughkeepsie, New York
    3. Scarehouse- Pittsburg, PA
    4. Dead Acres- Columbus, OH
    5. House of Torment- Austin, TX
    6. Fear Itself- Mishawaka, IN
    7. Dent School House- Cincinnati, OH
    8. Nightmare on 13th- Salt Lake City, UT
    9. Wisconsin Feargrounds- Waukesha, WI
    10. Blood Manor- New York, NY
    11. Frightworld- Buffalo, NY
    12. Headless Horseman- Ulster Park, NY
    13. Chambers of Horror- Atlanta, GA
    14. Universal Horror Nights- Orlando, FL
    15. Hobb’s Grove- Fresno, CA
    16. Knott’s Scary Farm- Anaheim, CA
    17. Erebus- Pontiac, MI
    18. The Nest- Phoenix, AZ
    19. Haunted Hotel- Louisville, KY
    20. Screamworld- Houston, TX
    21. Reindeer Manor- Dallas, TX
    22. Phobia- Houston, TX
    23. Bennett’s Curse- Hanover, MD
    24. Haunted Nashville- Nashville, TN
    25. Scream Acres- Florence, SC

IT is a great list. Some haunts on there that normally do not get the cred they deserve.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

Comment

Thanks Darkangel. This is our second year to be chosen.
      #21 Reindeer Manor - Dallas TX
      It's an honor to be on that list...
      Daniel Burnett
      PR/Operator
      Reindeer Manor Halloween Park: Est. 1974
      13th Street Morgue/Dungeon Of Doom/Reindeer Manor

sigpic

reindeermanor.com
      whenhingescreak.com

Comment

congrats to the haunts

It is quite a list. I have heard of many of them, even been to a couple of them myself. How refreshing that conflict of interest, money, and connections were left out of it. Imagine actually visiting them and deciding that way instead!
        Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
        Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

Congrats to all, but no 13th Gate?
          Hauntus Emeritus
          Founding Board Member I.A.H.A.
          Author "The Complete Haunted House Book"

We'll make your house everything you've ever HAUNTED!

Comment

Congratulations to everyone on the list!
            *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Obviously a ride thru haunt like the "Dungeon Haunted Ride in 3D" was passed up during the tour.
              No other ride/haunt like it.

Oh well, we know were we stand....... we have patrons that tell us...... not a panel of judges.... (or one)

But yes, congrats to eveyone on the list.
              Last edited by Tom; 10-07-2010, 08:04 PM.
              Tom
              Creator of the Dungeon
              WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

Comment

Damn Tom can't visit every haunt in one season. Just be glad for those who made it.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Damn Tom can't visit every haunt in one season. Just be glad for those who made it.

DA
                  LOL, I know, just had to throw that in there. And I "am" glad for them...

As I said earlier, congrats to those on the list.
                  Tom
                  Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

Tom for what's it's worth your concept sounds very cool and different.
                    I'm sure you'll agree it's nice to see a legit list of haunts and many fresh ones not in the inner circle or from the handful of attention whores who constantly post updates and pics here on the forum. It started to seem like if you post often enough and take doctored up photos and took slick videos you'd make a top list while those haunters like the guys from Reindeer Manor are quietly letting their shows speak for themselves.
                    Haunters should remember it's more important to impress your paying customers than it is to impress other haunters.

DA

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                      Tom for what's it's worth your concept sounds very cool and different.
                      I'm sure you'll agree it's nice to see a legit list of haunts and many fresh ones not in the inner circle or from the handful of attention whores who constantly post updates and pics here on the forum. It started to seem like if you post often enough and take doctored up photos and took slick videos you'd make a top list while those haunters like the guys from Reindeer Manor are quietly letting their shows speak for themselves.
                      Haunters should remember it's more important to impress your paying customers than it is to impress other haunters.

DA
                      I do agree, and I'm one who does not boast, constantly post pics or even video for that matter. I don't have time for that but I don't like bragging either (although sometimes the under-rated likes to be heard). I let the voices speak...
                      And yes, I do impress my paying customers!
                      My handicap is being in Oklahoma where not many haunters from this forum or others go to visit. Even though we are open from mid March thru Labor Day, it's just not a popular hang out for other haunters. But that's okay too. Some of those little known resturants cook a mean meal while others miss out. So I go off my feedback and sleep at night knowing someone out there will remember the Dungeon for a life time...
                      And again, yes... I do agree...
                      Last edited by Tom; 10-09-2010, 12:52 AM.
                      Tom
                      Creator of the Dungeon

Comment

I went to Erebus last night. Was a lot of fun, had some cool effects that I have never seen elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by JamBam View Post
                          It is quite a list. I have heard of many of them, even been to a couple of them myself. How refreshing that conflict of interest, money, and connections were left out of it. Imagine actually visiting them and deciding that way instead!
                          One thing I've been learning in this industry is that there is always conflict of interest, money, and connections involved, even when it's being made to appear otherwise.
                          sigpic

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

Comment

Finally a legit list.

Not one made by hauntworld, that puts Darkness every year.

Knotts scary farm definately deserves it. Best haunted theme park there is.

Best monsters, best sliders, great attitude, etc. All around great place.

congrats to all haunts that made it!
                            Skidduhlicious

Comment

I say congrats to anyone that makes that list. I hope we do someday.

Comment

Working...
                              X