Alone...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone...

Went through Howl-O-Scream's "Alone" house on Friday and I was wondering if anyone else has tried this concept (especially smaller to medium sized houses). People are sent through in approximately 4-5 minute intervals and the whole show is focused on them. I realize that it's more financially feasible to have a house full of customers paying $10 each (or whatever) than to have one or two guests in the house who pay a higher premium for the experience of being alone. But the more I think about it, this could be a great way to periodically facilitate short breaks, cast changes, and repair work seamlessly and make a little bit more money while doing so. I found it to be a very unique experience since they knew (and used) my name throughout the house and the actors were able to spend more time interacting with me in each scene.

There is a Haunt in New York that is the only way they let guest in.

Comment

Sounds like a really cool idea. Especially from an acting perspective. Except say you get popular and get lots of traffic. Your line wait on a busy night went from an hour or so to quite a few.

Comment

The Rest Of The Year Here...

I usually am taking very small groups through my house and I can focus on each person, hear what they say to one another, determining if I just scared or impressed them and adjust what will happen next accordingly spreading the entertainment more evenly among them as far as possibly creating situations where they each get to see the other scream, jump, react and have a laugh about it.
        Do you think such a show just might be a more popular style and venue? Maybe it even builds a clientel of fans out and about promoting the experience?
        I sure believe it does.
        In "season" we do have some very talented and creative actors who do their own thing versus reciting my lines and they take groups through so they too get to see and hear how they are doing as it happens.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X