HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ever have the competion steal your signs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Ever have the competion steal your signs 
    Lebanon, Ohio

Dark Pumpkin Rocks - Hope you have a great finishing stretch.

Wonder if any of mine are in that truck? LOL

2. Default Land of illusion is so busted ! 
    What a childish, immature, insecure, idiotic way of doing things. Child's play to the max. What a loser! Hope he gets his due.

3. Default  
    Valley AL
    I hate seeing things like this. There is plenty of room for more than one haunt heck if we had more near by I would go to them too.
    Proud to be able to work at

4. Default  
    Lebanon, Ohio
    "There is plenty of room for more than one haunt"

I agree- we reciprocate with quite a few haunts in our area- (Dark Pumpkin being one of them)
    It creates a good synergy for the all the haunts in the area.

5. Default  
    Charlotte North Carolina, United States
    Yes I had a haunt that stole some of my signs, not that i would say what haunt it was but my friend work there and he worked at Silo X. This is also a great complement to your haunt. But bad for your business.

6. Default  
    Bartlett, TN
    I took the last business card for a haunt off the table at Halloween Express. Does that count?

(I contacted the haunt to let them know to bring more.)

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

7. Default  
    That's actually pretty funny since they got caught, but very irritating if they hadn't been.

Something to keep in mind is that in some areas (mine at least) it's illegal to put signs up on a utility pole. The local power company has quite a pile out in their dumpster a lot of times. It's also illegal in my area to put them in medians and certain other places, as a Halloween Express found out. Flyers and signs are great, low-cost advertisement but remember you have to play by the rules.

8. Default  
    This isnt the first time Land of Illusion has been accused of stealing competitors signs.

Glad they got caught this time. I will no longer be supporting this establishment.

9. Default  
    Middletown, OH
    I have heard rumors of other "dirty tricks" done by LOI as well but they are just rumors......

10. Default  
    Athens, Texas, United States
    There has been a rash of flyer stealing in DFW for the last 2 seasons. I think its under control now for the most part. What they don't understand is another flyer crew steals your flyers just hrs after you stole the others and replaced them with yours. so in the end everyones spending thousands of dollars and no one is getting anY advertising as they are all in the trash. GOOD BUSINESS? NOT
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

Thread Information