Security cameras PAY OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security cameras PAY OFF

We installed a full blown security system in our haunt with cameras everywhere... about 3 weeks ago I said to Jim lets install another one in the actors room so I could watch them to see when someone is taking a break.

So then I could jump on the radio and complain when someone is in the actors room when they shouldn't be...

Little did I know how it would pay off... couple days ago we had an actor steal another actors 500.00 phone from the actors room. We went to the camera system and bam we know who stole the camera and when the actor come into work he was arrested and thrown in jail.

The good news as well is the actor got his phone back.

Is someone stealing your masks, or taking things that don't belong to them... security cameras it paid off for us!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Cameras Catch Liars

And stop those nasty people quickly.
    "I'm gunna sue you! You punched me! I know Judge Whatahisname, my Brother is a State Policeman, I'm an undercover cop."
    "Let's see your I.D."
    "I'm too deep to be able to show it to you."
    "So you are sticking to your story that I punched you?"
    "Yes!"
    "Well, everything that happened in that (well-lit) room is on video."
    "Gulp!"
    "Take him away Officer."
    Guess who spent the night in jail for minor theft?
    It wasn't ME!

This miserable couch-potato (Mommy's couch) didn't even have a driver's license, lost it.
    His deep-cover was blown , maybe a spaniel yanked it off of him as he dozed?
    Thank You video camera.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

lockers help

We bought some lockers at a school closing auction. Pretty cheap investment. All the actors have one available to lock up their valuables including phones which are banned on their person during the open hours.
      Brett Molitor (aka ~ JamBam) Member of HAA

Haunted Hotel-13th Floor (est by Huntington Jaycees in 1968 8) )
      Longest running Haunted House in the WORLD!!

Hysterium Haunted Asylum (old Haunted Cave), Fort Wayne Indiana

Hysterium Escapes - 4 rooms with 3 themes

www.HauntedHuntington.com

www.facebook.com/hauntedhotel

www.Hysterium.com

www.facebook.com/HysteriumFtWayne

www.hysteriumescapes.com

www.facebook.com/hysteriumescapes

sigpic

Comment

its a shame that

in this world we live in this crap has to happen. Christ, you work with the guy (or girl) and you're gonna steal from him ? In an operation as large as yours, you must see this stuff happen all the time. I could never put up with such hooliganism. Congrats to you, Larry and Jim for going the extra mile and catching at least one loser. I'm sure you spent a TON on the camera system, but at least you allready reaped some reward. Too bad things have to be this way. Glad your HONEST employee got their phone back. Hope your season continues to be a huge success without incident.

Comment

depending on your system contractor...these DRV units aren't that bad in price.
          It doesn't prevent the situation, but does help catch them.
          Thanks, Jeff
          www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
          www.HauntForum.com
          www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Who knows what he would have stolen if you had not cought him, hope he stays in jail right through Halloween.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

When I had mall kiosks I prosecuted a shoplifter over $60 dollars in goods. The process took time, had to work with the cops, spend a couple of hours in court [mostly waiting for your spot on the docket], had an employee in court and even a worker from another kiosk who witnessed the theft.

The guy got 11 mo.s 29 days probation after pleading guilty to my case; within one month he stole again and spent a year in county jail. I say this because, while I do believe in second chances, especially for minors, I also believe that any crime should be reported and prosecuted. Many of the large retailers in the mall have a no prosecution policy so many many thefts go completely unreported in Uniform Crime Statistics. If I hadn't prosecuted he may never have gotten punity for his actions.

The funniest twist to my experience was that we caught the guy the SECOND TIME he came to steal. We had been shoplifted I was talking to my brother, who's an attorney, on the phone same day. He said, "the guy will be back". I laughed, he said once they make a hit they'll come back, just the nature of it. Sure enough, two days later, a newly re-trained employee saw the guy lift two tshirts off a table, called the mall, who had standing orders to call the police.

Here's a part you won't believe. When the cops got there we went into the bowels of the mall to the security room, they printed a photo of the guy as he was running out the door, it was a really good clear face photo. I'm holding it and the cop and I are looking at it- a janitor walks behind us and says, "I know that dude" Swear on my eyes it's true. Cop goes and picks him up bright and early the next day at home.

Comment

2 things I hate

A thief and a lier no need in either! Shane and it's just no excuse! Shane this time!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X