that one bad actor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• that one bad actor

so working at the haunt i do... i have to work with actors sometimes and my little thing i have to ask all of you,

what was the worst thing that your actor ever did? to the point that you fired them..

so that way other haunt owners know and to avoid this type of actors
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

I worked with a actor a couple years ago his outfit was camo and a gas mask. The second night he decided to bring a real gun (unloaded) and not tell anyone. First customers of the night come through and he pulls it out of his pants and points it at them!!!YIKES!!!He was asked to leave!!!

Comment

I am an actor but as one I can tell you which ones I really get ticked at and know haunt owners do to.

When actors leave the set and wander around, when actors break character, when actors are not paying attention to groups coming and are playing on a cell phone instead, and when actors have anger issues.

Oh also when actors call in with almost no notice or show up late with no notice.

If your an actor you are part of a team sometimes actors forget that some haunts build up scares to make sure the customer is fully Immersed. Because of this they will change their routines or lines with out running it by the haunt owner or production manager. this is a bad idea.
      Proud to be able to work at
      http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

Originally posted by soulhasdied View Post
        I worked with a actor a couple years ago his outfit was camo and a gas mask. The second night he decided to bring a real gun (unloaded) and not tell anyone. First customers of the night come through and he pulls it out of his pants and points it at them!!!YIKES!!!He was asked to leave!!!
        Holy cow that is more than a bad actor that will wind up being a darwin award winner. Some one needs to go back to a basic gun handling class or hunters safety. Common sense states treat every gun as if it was loaded. How many idiots think the gun is unloaded a year and forgets that most fire arms will have one in the chamber as well. As a Human, ahaunt actor, and a gun owner that story is just scary and not in a good way.
        Proud to be able to work at
        http://www.haunted-hollow.com/

Comment

I had an actor who was stationed in a very dark set of hallways. It would have been possible for him to leave his area for a few minutes without disrupting the flow of the house however, he decided he could not wait for break or just leave to use the bathroom. He peed all over the walls in the dark halls where he worked. I did not know about it until customers and other actors pointed out how it smelled like urine in that area. Once I investigated I found a huge puddle in a corner of the hall. He never denied it or gave me any excuse. I fired him at the end of his shift.

How disrespectful is that?

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

I'm sorry that made me laugh. Its terrible but it made me laugh. Very disrespectful. I know an actor that did something similar with a bucket at a local haunt.
            Jared Layman

Comment

I hate when our actors decide they do what they want to do instead of what I or my partner has told them to do.
              ~Bill Mlinac
              The Deadland Haunted House
              www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
              www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Ooooh. My favorite, walked through doing rounds. With a group no less. Found an actor..with his girlfriend..doin the nasty in the corner of a scene. Luckily the group was all adults, laughed it off, and I apologized severely and gave them all a refund and tickets for any other night. I fired the actor on the spot, and took his place for the night because there was no one else.

Comment

I made the mistake of putting a couple in the same area of the Haunt. He ended up using a lead pipe that was part of the room and bashing all of the props and walls. When i was doing the rounds between guests, i walked into the room and him and his Girlfriend were sitting in the wreckage with no masks on.

They were fired on the spot. The best part is they showed up to try and work the next night.
                  http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com
                  sigpic
                  "We bring you the WHO WHAT AND WHERE of the industry we all love"

www.InsideThe HauntIndustry.com

Comment

Strange Costume/situation

A few years older than myself (Yes some are older than me!) Was here helping one night in his new costume , it was a Wal-Mart "Casper" costume but when it didn't really fit him and his face was sticking out , it looked alot more like a Klan costume.
                    "Whoops!"
                    Either way it looked silly.
                    ..and pathetic.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeRTaKer313
                      oh yeah! and we had one actor that seriously said "boo"
                      In the list of rules I made up when doing actor training I put pretty close to rule #1 was that Boo, Grrr, Rahhh, and ARRR were as bad if not worse that using the F word....

On the topic though somewhat similar to Jim's story is we had an actor show up in a walmart cotton Hulk muscle suit, Old man with glasses half mask, and a toy "rat tat tat" machine gun, and was actually really upset when asked to take it off so much that he said we were stupid, didnt know what scary was and then went home. Saved us the trouble of having to fire him....mind you this was mid season after seeing what we wanted him to wear other nights with costuming we provided and or others in the attraction were wearing. When he came into the makeup room we kind of laughed and thought he was joking around...but he unfortunately really thought it was going to be a scary costume.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
                      -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Comment

Like the ones that tell you what they will do.

And those things have real the potential to cause drastic injury...so.."You can do that...when You open Your place!"
                        There is a recent review of a new haunt where almost everyone working there is yelling ,"Get Out!" Which is good advice for shut-ins and those in a nursing home...but when will their buses show up?
                        "Get out of the bus!"
                        "Get out your wallet!"
                        "Get out of the haunted house!"
                        Simple huh?
                        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I opened my family's first Paid Halloween Haunted Farm Ghost Walk on our farm. The very first Friday-when everyone is scrambling and I am past scrambling and moving toward hurling my way through stuff that needs to get done-two hours before doors open this guy calls up. He's done haunted attractions for 20 years, wants to come out to spook, ect.

He sat on that phone for what seemed like an hour chatting how he was some halloween god of fear. So I say come on out. BIG MISTAKE

This guy in less than two hours-hit on 13year old girls that volunteered at my walk-creeped out my entire family- shot a stapler at guests on a tour- insinuated to guests that he wanted to take them home and date them. ( i put this nicely).

A week later, this guy calls me up and says that we need to add stuff to the walk like sounds here and there-that was my plan but ( my sound systems never showed up the first weekend) I say ok and make an appointment with him-he never shows.

he wanted to bring some people out to see a video he had made of a local ghost haunting a restaurant. I said maybe (i needed to see the video first to make sure it was family appropriate)

He said he was "maybe" coming out to volunteer that weekend.

The guy was a diva who could easily outshine Madonna. End of story- screen, Screen, SCREEEN your volunteers. IF they do not fit your walk-they do not fit.

I just wish I had said NO to this guy from the start.

Comment

Working...
                          X