Darkness and Lemp Make Over -- Transworld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkness and Lemp Make Over -- Transworld

We will in fact upgrade both Darkness and Lemp prior to the Transworld haunted house show.

We ALREADY started planning Darkness renovation I do my best thinking when the Halloween season is ongoing... we've already made some plans for Darkness 2011.

We will add to the que line, tear out and rebuild one scene down stairs (it will be super wicked) and upstairs we'll be doing a few things here and there, updating Terror Visions again (have a really awesome plan for that) and the Museum will be really super wicked (wait to you see what I'm going to do you'll be blown away'.

Lemp is going to get doubled in size by adding on a replica of the real mansion it will be filled with demons the demons that drove the Lemps to suicide.

We are going to start on November 8th. Pictures are COMING SOON!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

That sounds pretty cool! Looking forward to it!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Really enjoy coming on here week after week and reading and seeing different haunted attractions moving and renovating!
      "Hilariously Frightful"

www.trailofterror.com

Comment

The Darkness renovations will be AWESOME we are going to attempt another barrel wall type of over the top animated effect. We are going to build some really amazing things... more details coming soon. Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President

Comment

Since we've figured out exactly what we will renovate inside The Darkness I've come to the conclusion that its a bit more massive of a renovation than I originally had planned... me I just get bored of looking at the same old stuff so I'm ready to go go go...

In total we are ripping out 3 scenes downstairs and adding onto the que line, and we are re-doing or building from scratch 2 scenes up stairs.

We also plan to add a ton more stuff to Terror Visions 3D.

The sets downstairs are going to be over the top and we are doing ONE animation that MIGHT no hell it will be BETTER than the falling barrel wall because once this animations triggers it will appear that its going to KILL YOU... hehehe it will look and feel pretty dangerous.

Anyway SHOULD we open Darkness for a behind the scenes tour and another night where we put actors into the attraction??? The overhaul on Darkness especially downstairs is pretty extensive and will be probably the most elaborate sets we've ever built... so you tell me should we do both or just one.

Because we want to open Lemp Brewery Haunted House as well with actors...

I don't know how we fit all this in... trying to put 1000 of you through The Darkness in one night is almost impossible and give a good show.

So help me out here... what should we do?

Here is what I'm thinking:

March 9th (night before haunt show opening)

Behind the Scenes Tour of Darkness and Lemp (one price)

March 10th (Thursday)
          (Lemp Brewery Haunt Tour with actors) (one price)

March 11th and 12th (Friday and Saturday)
          The Darkness with actors (one price)

What does everyone think? Will this work? We will be spending about $150,000.00 on Darkness alone, and no telling on Lemp probably about the same. Originally I was thinking we wouldn't do much at The Darkness because we are planning on ripping out the entire first floor (get ready for that auction) after 2011 and re-theming the entire first floor so I didn't think I would do much but now I'm going to go all out on several scenes. So now I'm thinking it will be so freaking cool I have too... let me know your thoughts.

Larry
          Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I went through Lemp and Darkness last Friday and let me say they were aready pretty bad ass. I love what you do with both haunts. I say go for it!
            *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

I honestly can't believe you Larry! What kind of question is that?! Of courseee you should open your events up for Transworld!! It was the whole reason I even went this past year & the show was AMAZING!! I can't wait to see what you guys cook up for next year. I'm really excited about Lemp!! I also want both your new DVD's. The last detailing one was great! Definitely used some of those techniques this season. If you guys can pull it off, do it!!!
              O'Shawn McClendon
              Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I seriously wasn't going to open The Darkness and then TW told me they needed it open because they are bring the Halloween retail show here and need some entertainment. I really want this retail show to do well due to Rubies and everything they've done for us... LOL

I thought about it I could basically take the whole spring and summer to get Creepyworld open basically taking a bug chunk of that time off... if we get Darkness and Lemp done before TW. So we'll take the challenge and make some magic happen.

I personally can't bring myself to open our haunt AS IS... it has to be worth re-opening and when you go through it can't be a handful of new animations or something it has to be something OVER THE TOP!

What we do to Darkness will be amazing.

Look out for the thread of photos starting mid-November.

We'll complete Darkness first them Lemp second.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

Working...
                X