Read this story...

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9027062
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Wow! It doesn't matter if the saw blade was grounded down to a nub, there should be NO moving parts of any kind exposed. especially anything rotating at the speed of a saw. Costumes, hair, wigs could all get snagged and cause some serious damage, and harm the costumers (which it did!) not to mention the actors. Did it happen in the cue line, or in the darkness of the haunt itself? I'm surprised more people didn't get hurt.

Larry, do you these people at that location? I have a hard time believing that it was an over sight that no one caught. I hope it wasn't an actor bringing his own saw from home thinking he can safety proof the tool/saw himself. I hope the girl is alright, very unfortunate for everyone involved.
    Last edited by Hauntedsurfer808; 10-19-2010, 07:02 AM.

Comment

Unreal!

Larry Amen! Shane and it's enough said! Shane this time!
      sigpic

Comment

Wow! Just wow...speechless

Comment

Just plain stupid! No excuse for their neglegence.
          Damon
          Damon Carson

Comment

out of control fighting and now THIS !!!

another black eye for the haunt industry. Not good for anybody. Hopefully, all of this will be forgotten about as time heals wounds (even stupid, idiotic ones, and hopefully, the young ladie's leg). somebody, get these haunt owners a BRAIN !!!

Comment

The depth of the idiocy and irony here is embodied in the phrase - "Mark Roberts, says the saw in question has been, "safety proofed," since Friday's incident."

Yes, Mr. Roberts, you have proven your haunt is not safe; now you need to make it idiot-proof by removing yourself from the industry before you hurt someone else and are impoverished by attorneys.

It only takes a handful serious idiots to begin the vague and persistant rumor that haunts aren't safe.

Comment

I think the best part is the owner blaming the girl for kicking at the saw with a blade and that's why she got cut. ARE YOU KIDDING ME, people are amazing.

Robert

Comment

Some Idiots were on here acouple of weeks ago talking about leaving the chains on their chainsaws..... because it was cool ???
                  and made sparks when they dragged it across the floor ?

I hope they were joking !

There are some real DUMBASS`S out there !!!!!

Casey ....... CREEP HOUSE

Comment

Lucky me. This dumbass has the same name as me. This has nothing to do with Mark Roberts associated with Terrortown in Toledo,Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by mark roberts View Post
                      Lucky me. This dumbass has the same name as me. This has nothing to do with Mark Roberts associated with Terrortown in Toledo,Ohio.
                      Yeah, sorry Mark, hope no one thought I was quoting you!!

Comment

You know I have been someone to say that we shouldn't promote bad things that happen to haunted houses and I stand by that but I didn't say STUPID things... if someone falls down your stairs and breaks their arm and sues you that is just an accident it could happen to ANYONE, this this this are you kidding me you have some sort of metal blade on a circ saw and well WOW

WHAT AN IDIOT... we need to expose this kind of stupidity. They say their is TWO sides to every story and if there was a reasonable chance this didn't happen the way it was written we shouldn't post it but this guy admits there is a ground down metal blade on the saw.

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President
                        www.HalloweenProductions.com
                        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Maybe there should be an award for the Stupidest Haunt Owner of the Year.

I'm sure the competition will be heated, but I think I have the winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3JKsB56Xs

Comment

Obviously this owner knew what was going on and had to know that there was a blade in the saw....This as we all know is total negligence on his part, and quite frankly, stupid. I was witness to a similar incident a few years ago at a very large haunt that all of you know of, in which an actor decided he would bring his own weapons to the show...Namely a replica medieval axe which he would swing towards the guests as they passed. Well one night a guest got his head right in the way...Long story short, the actor was let go, and I dont think any charges were filed against the owner or the actor by the guy's parents....But it could have potentially been a very nasty situation. You really gotta monitor your actors these days too, not just the guests...Anyone can bring real weapons in. This is very bad press for the business unfortunately.
                            Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                            [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Originally posted by shawnc View Post
                              Maybe there should be an award for the Stupidest Haunt Owner of the Year.

I'm sure the competition will be heated, but I think I have the winner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ3JKsB56Xs
                              LOL, skid steers arent scary, thats just plain dumb! One bad move and someone loses a foot or worse.
                              Nate Mitchell|creative consultant
                              [n8 creative studios]

Comment

Working...
                              X